Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am developing 3D software design for a high roof, 136 WB PM multi-purpose “weekender”/2nd family vehicle/light haul cargo van before launching into building. Apologies for not recognizing Introduction Section protocol and inadvertently making first post in “Builds and Conversions”. Got caught “speeding” by posting question on possibility of installing awning window aft of sliding door by wiring window position sensor into remote door lock actuator. Will re-post when approved. Looking forward to participating in this comprehensive and congenial forum. (Still learning best use of forum content; hopefully will still see all posts, eventhough I listed 9 Tags; correction - 5 as errored out vs. 10 allowed?). Thanks, George (Ohio)

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
802 Posts
Welcome!

We messed with this a bit, early in our build:

Were you aware of it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Baxsie: Was not aware of vanspace 3D. Have developed my plans using Rhinocerus (Rhino) and several visits to local RAM dealer making numerous interior measurements, down to location of tie-down anchor locations, etc. Vanspace link seems to be much more user friendly approach. How accurately would you guess the software represents the interior of the PM? Do you know if vanspace is exportable to other 3D apps and vice versa. Rhino extension is .3dm. You mentioned using vanspace early in your build. Did you advance to another software or just launch into physical build? Thanks, George

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
802 Posts
We used a very early version of VanSpace 3d to play around. Then I made some "1:1" mockups using photoshop (when all you have is a hammer . . . ), then we just went to masking tape and building in the van.

It is a challenge designing and building in the odd interior shape of the van.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts