Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, friends.

My partner and I recently began financing a 2015 Promaster with the i-4 EcoDiesel. We landed a decent deal on a van that had been repurchased by the manufacturer due to a plaguing 'check engine light' issue stemming from a poorly placed sensor in the steering column. The powertrain had also been reprogrammed by Chrysler/Fiat.

All systems seem operational and we are seething with ideas of grandeur for the interior conversion. As mindful spenders, our main concern is ethical sourcing of quality, environmentally appropriate materials and components.

Anyhow, the lady and I are enthusiastic adventurers with a passion for cooking, running, climbing, foraging and all things nature. The Promaster EcoDiesel offered itself a suitable part of our repertoire after an arduous and fruitless search for a Sprinter Van. We hope to learn a thing or two on this forum, as well as lend helpful information from time to time.

Thanks,

Lobo & Mojo

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Hey folks welcome! Any vehicle is a compromise as an enviornmental impact. Used is a great option as it wasn't built for you, that transfers the blame, whew! Just don't take your impact too seriously if you buy and drive any vehicle.
In that vein I'd reccomend the grass roofed palapa interior option with cob seating made with straw and dog droppings. The refrigerator can be some old cardboard boxes selected to nest like those Russian dolls lined with some used grocery bags you pull from a chain link fence on the road to the landfill to keep the cardboard dry, and kept cold by collecting ice and storing it in a large pile of sawdust all summer. The stove can be an old stovepipe converted to burn straw and woodchips found in camp sites from dead and down trees. Your bathroom facility can utilize that excess of sawdust as the ice is used in a recycled bucket from your local home store.
Serously I do aplaud your concern for the one Earth. Let us know what you do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts