Ram Promaster Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Intro post

959 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  keeponvaning 
#1 ·
We own a 2016 Promaster 1500 high roof RV conversion by Hymer North America, called a Carado Axion. This includes a full bathroom, kitchen etc. You can find out more about it on the Carado Axion Facebook page. Its layout was largely copied by the Thor Scope/Rize TM, which is the only comparable RV for sale today. Ours has two 300 AH KS2 lithium batteries plus a 2KW inverter, 200W solar panels, an underhood generator from Nations Alternator in Missouri, Alde furnace/hot water heater,KS2 battery monitor. This is the optioned out version of the Promaster with alloy wheels, fog lights, a package shelf above the windshield, backup camera, amplified TV antenna, DC-powered TV and Blu-ray player, Carefree manual awning with LED lights, LED lights around the ceiling inside, receiver hitch etc.

We've added a weBoost phone signal amplifier with sharkfin antenna (after finding that higher beercan antenna didn't really improve the signal); upgraded the foam in the lounge cushions which double as the mattress, added a hitch-mounted flip-up cargo platform, Sumo shocks front and rear and more.

We'll have had it for 5 years as of August 1 2023. It only has about 17K miles on it, so I'm always interested in the experiences of business owners with 100Ks of miles on theirs.

Currently I'm researching LED headlights, a dashcam installation, and replacing our rooftop AC (which we've never used) with a Maxxfan.
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome.
Sounds like a nice setup.
For led lights we went with Openglass a little pricey but they came with everything. No glueing or modding needed.
Openglass is my inclination for sure. I like the design of the Morimoto bulb but I don't think they have an installation kit that would work for H7 bulbs in a Promaster headlight nacelle.

Did you stick with the stock fog lights (if you have them)?

But most importantly, once they're aimed correctly do you get flashed? I want more light but not at the expense of other drivers.

#5 ·
Openglass is my inclination for sure. I like the design of the Morimoto bulb but I don't think they have an installation kit that would work for H7 bulbs in a Promaster headlight nacelle.

Did you stick with the stock fog lights (if you have them)?

But most importantly, once they're aimed correctly do you get flashed? I want more light but not at the expense of other drivers.
I don’t have fog lights. Just did the high and low beam. Been about 7 months installed. Haven’t been flashed at yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.