Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longtime lurker intro hoping to get into the Promaster scene in a year or so, been doing the van thing since '02. Spend time surfing the web to see how others address the many challenges with diy conversions, a lot of valuable info.

You might have seen the Flarespace product, good news for Promasters, I emailed them and they should have a Promaster compatible unit in the spring. Would give some more layout options, especially for a rear bed across the van for taller owners.

Have a good one and happy holidaze!

·
Registered
808 Posts
You might have seen the Flarespace product, good news for Promasters, I emailed them and they should have a Promaster compatible unit in the spring. Would give some more layout options, especially for a rear bed across the van for taller owners.
Tall people help me out. I'm 6'1" and maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm a little puzzled why they would bother with the PM as wide as it is. If you have an issue with bed length across the beams, you'll likely have issues with the ceiling height too.

Oh well, it's nice to have options...

Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At a shade over 6'3", the ceiling height is just enough with insulation that is flush to the "beams" ( I have had experience in a friends Promaster, basically why I think it is my best option), and for me, having ample head room while standing in the van is nowhere near as important as having room to stretch out while in bed. And while 78" is the widest interior dimension, you definitely don't get that with insulation and a bed that is at least 44" off the floor for a bike garage. So yes, options are always a good thing, since everyone has different needs and priorities. Just wish I was already in the ownership club, but one more year will at least let some more used ones get in the pipeline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts