Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Medallion Plastics interior trim package? Or any other interior side/headliner system?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a 2500 159" tall PM on order and plan on using a kit from Pendaform. They are the same company that makes Duraliner and Pendaliner truck bed liners. I requested a sample of wall material from Pendaform. They make a complete wall panel system for all the different sizes of PM. Not sure if they have headliners also. The material is a very nice looking medium/dark grey color that is textured. Unlike some of their competitors, they use a solid plastic sheeting that is approximately 3/16" thick. There are some sellers on Ebay, but I got a much better price quote from a local upfitter.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thermo formed wall & head liner trim kits

Bob King; said:
Does anyone have any experience with the Medallion Plastics interior trim package? Or any other interior side/headliner system?

Yes we have. Very nice and easy to install. I have some kits that i could sell you.

LMK
Hi Bob and bjvanextras,

Can you please share details on Medallion Plastics interior trim package? I looked at Medallion Plastics web site and it looks like they are only manufacturing for OEM's on a large scale?

bjvanextras, do you still have the kits for sale?

Is there a company that has contracted Medallion to make trim kits for the Promaster and is reselling them?

I have a 3500 159 WB Ext and would be interested in thermo formed head liner and wall panels.

Thank you,

Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am interested in wall and headliner kits. Please PM information or post contact info on this thread.
All,

We still have the PM Lining Kits Available. They only work with the 159" Window Vans 2500, and 3500. (1500 not made with windows in 159"). They do work with aftermarket windows (need a little modification), and work perfect with factory windows. ( if you need windows as well i can supply you with those too)

You can reach me at b r y n . j o n e s @ f r s g r p . c o m (without the spaces). They are large, so the more on the shipment the better.

Please let me know where you are from. I can get you a price on them. You will have to arrange shipping etc.

The Kit Includes:
- Roof Lining
- Driver Side Wall
- Passenger Side Wall
- Cover For Cavity Above Cab Area (We make a AC/Heat kit that goes in the cavity if anyone is interested.)
- Rear Passenger Door Cover (Covers around window and top cavity only)
- Rear Driver Door Cover (Covers around window and top cavity only)
- Sliding Door Cover (Covers around window and top cavity only)
- Transition Step Cover (Covers the step between the cab and the cargo area)
- (I can supply the mounting hardware as well. This would be additional to the above.)

Please let me know if i can help out with any technical questions.

Look forward to help you guys out.

Bryn Jones

·
Registered
22 Posts
All,

Please contact me at bryndotjonesatfrsgrpdotcom for more info and pricing.

Also please ask about our A/C/Heat kits that install above the cab in the cavity and not in the roof or in the cargo area.

Bryn Jones

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
All,

Please contact me at bryndotjonesatfrsgrpdotcom for more info and pricing.

Also please ask about our A/C/Heat kits that install above the cab in the cavity and not in the roof or in the cargo area.

Bryn Jones

@bjvanextras, if you don't mind I would like to ask some questions here in case other posters have the same questions;

1. For those of us installing our own insulation/electrical wiring, are there any considerations we need to take into account before those panels could be installed on walls/ceiling?

2. Can the panels be cut for GFCI electric outlets and other openings?

3. Can you provide some pictures of the AC/heat kit in the cab space, and maybe some dimensions to show how much space it occupies?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
All,

Please visit the dedicated Van Extras lining thread here: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=242209&posted=1#post242209

I have answered below in red.

@bjvanextras, if you don't mind I would like to ask some questions here in case other posters have the same questions;

1. For those of us installing our own insulation/electrical wiring, are there any considerations we need to take into account before those panels could be installed on walls/ceiling? Electrical and Insualtion must be done first as the lining kit covers up all cavities. In regards to insulation, it cannot be protruding past any beam or member on wall or ceiling or your panels will bulge. (Please note that this still gives you a minimum of 2 - 3 inches in any one spot on the walls or ceiling.) (Also note that generally 1 inch of spray foam is valued at R7.)

2. Can the panels be cut for GFCI electric outlets and other openings?
This can be done very easily. In our shop we do it a lot for lights etc. For GFCI's etc. all you need is a hot knife (a plumbers torch and an Olfa knife is great too.)

3. Can you provide some pictures of the AC/heat kit in the cab space, and maybe some dimensions to show how much space it occupies?
The unit takes up no space in the cab but sits in the cavity above the drivers head (in the high roof models) I have attached a picture of the unit. The unit is only 7 Inches high.

Bryn Jones
[email protected]

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
If any of you campers are promasters are looking for kits thermoplastic, (Medallion Plastics interior trim package) and live in Southern California go to these people they now have them. also with and without windows http://www.americanvanworks.com . Ask for Mark tell him you heard about this from Morris.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have now been using the Medallion kits for a year; great product, but they only make 159" non-extended. Now looking for a similar product for 118/136 standard roof. Anybody know of a source?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Medallion Wall Liner Kits

We have now been using the Medallion kits for a year; great product, but they only make 159" non-extended. Now looking for a similar product for 118/136 standard roof. Anybody know of a source?
Bob,

Check back in with Medallion, they now make the kits for the 2500 and 3500 series: 136 high top, 159 high top and 159 Ext high top. These kit are all for window vans.

They said they should have kits for the 1500 118 low top in the first quarter 2016 (not sure about window or no window on this series).

I purchased the 3500 159 Ext high top kit, its in transit now. I will posts comments once I receive it.

Bob can you please share with us any install pictures and any helpful tips on the install.

One specific question I have is, do you think that there is enough room/gap to put 1/4" foam behind the panels where it crosses the ribs? from the look of the fastener indents it looks to me that there may be a 1/4" void.

Bob for the folks that can't do a business to business purchase would your mobility up fit company be willing to sell the Medallion kits to persons doing DIY up-fits and DIY camper builds?

Just a heads up on shipping from Medallion; they recycle the skids from there ABS plastic deliveries. This sounds great in theory but, it can add extra cost to the freight costs that are already approaching being prohibitive. My kit only weighed 140 lbs but, Medallion wanted to ship it on a skid weighing in at 720 lbs! They do not seem to have any crate building facilities in there shipping department:( I ended up contracting a local logistics company in Elkhart to build a crate appropriate to the parts and in addition they got a good rate on freight.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Cheers,

Dave

Reactions: PopeAng

·
Registered
233 Posts
Medallion Wall Liner Kits

If any of you campers are promasters are looking for kits thermoplastic, (Medallion Plastics interior trim package) and live in Southern California go to these people they now have them. also with and without windows http://www.americanvanworks.com . Ask for Mark tell him you heard about this from Morris.
Morris,

Can you share with us pictures of your install of the medallion wall liner kits and any review on the quality and fit?

One specific question I have is, do you think that there is enough room/gap to put 1/4" foam behind the panels where it crosses the ribs on ceiling and walls? from the look of the fastener indents it looks to me that there may be a 1/4" void.

Thank you for any assistants you can provide!

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Medallion Plastics Promaster Interior Kit

To anyone looking for an interior kit for the 136" Promaster, 159" and the 159" Ext HR, please contact me. I work with Medallion Plastics, Inc. in Elkhart, IN. We have had these kits available for over a year now. Please contact me at 5 7 4 3 6 1 5 8 1 2 for pricing quotes, questions or any concerns. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could Someone help me I’m looking for the OEM cargo wall liners for the rear of my 2017 pro master 1500 136” wheelbase low roof

1 - 20 of 23 Posts