Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone make an interior panel kit for the PM City Cargo version? I have a thick rubber mat on the floor but the road noise on rougher highways is so loud
as to be very unpleasant, cannot talk on phone or hear radio. Smooth blacktop is quiet, but the freeway with rough surface aggregate is deafening.
If there was a interior panel for walls and ceiling like I have seen for other vans, that would help, with some Dynamat or other insulation behind it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, Wayfarer Vans makes a nice kit which is part of their camper conversion. Pretty sure you can just buy the panels without the other stuff. wayfarervans.com

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found something

Looks like Legend makes a pretty good wall,door and ceiling liner with some sound/thermal insulation. Complete kit is around $900 plus shipping. Uses the predrilled
holes in the van. I am ordering a set and will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Another cheaper option would be to buy a partition. I have an SLT Tradesman with the factory partition with window and it's pretty quiet with the windows up.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another cheaper option would be to buy a partition. I have an SLT Tradesman with the factory partition with window and it's pretty quiet with the windows up.
That might be the best place to start. I could also add dyanmat or other sound insulation to the panel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in need of some noise reduction in our PMC also, but the Wayfarer kit includes window covers and I like to see out of them, so I'll check out the Legend folks and see if they can help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just ordered a floor mat from realtruck.com (which I need to keep items from sliding around and scarring up the floor). $200, no tax and free shipping, and custom-fit. It's a start...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have found two options online:
Inlad.com sells Legend brand Duratherm panels as does Advantage Outfitters.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am wondering if starting with a cargo panel/divider would do enough..maybe even cover that with one of the sound deadening mats.

·
Registered
201 Posts
There are 'Hot Sheets' made of a quilted metallic pad, with adhesive backing that you could stick onto the interior panels to quiet things down and maybe give ya a quicker warmer up in the mornings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts