Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to finish the paneling for the interior of the van but cant find a cut-out or any dimensions so I can cut out the new panels. I will insulation then oak panels over it. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
I'm going to finish the paneling for the interior of the van but cant find a cut-out or any dimensions so I can cut out the new panels. I will insulation then oak panels over it. Thanks for the help guys!
I am not sure if I get you right, but one way to do it is to cut cardboard patterns like my wife did:

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I'm getting ready to do some paneling on my 159 Hi Roof. Trying to decide if I go the full height in one piece or go from the floor up to the ridge where the window would be, then box the rest.

I think that if I go up to the top of the window, I can get it out of 1 4'x8' sheet, no joints in each section. It will be short on the bottom, but I have a couch/bed that will cover that area.

Guy, your wife should get some 12" wide rolls of paper and trace the left and right edges, then measure how much straight space is needed in the center. A folded strip of paper would be mailable to those (us) who want to do what she did. I'm sure it would be appreciated ($$$)!

Ed

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,839 Posts
Fast fix, unfortunately, this is not a fast fix. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I have cut most of my panels, and I keep thinking what a waste it is that each of us goes through this laborious process--or pays through the nose to someone like Legend.

Nothing is a simple rectangle and it depends on choices you make. For example, side panel from top to bottom or in two pieces. Ceiling panels curved down or cut off straight. Directly on the rib or with insulation board on the rib?

I can tell you this, which I will put in my build:

If you fur the ceiling down one inch from the ribs, the sections will be 62 7/8" side-to-side with 1.5" square cut-outs in the corners that hit the intermediate ribs (for a total cut-out of 3" x 1.5").

I hesitate to give front-to back dimensions of the ceiling panels before I actually install them. It's hard to measure overhead and I may need to adjust. My preliminary measurements are:

Front panel: 30"
Second panel: 30 1/4"
Third panel: 28 1/4"
Rear panel: 27 1/2"

Bear in mind that the front of the front panel and the rear of the rear panel are quite unique animals that you will have to lay out.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It seems like the upfitters all have the same interior walls. Does anyone know where to get them? As MsNomer says. It ain't easy paneling the inside.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,839 Posts
It is not "difficult" to make the patterns. It's actually pretty straightforward. But it is terribly time-consuming.

There are two versions: the simple, practical "cargo van" version and the more sophisticated stuff of Class B upfitters. Don't be too enamored of the Class B photos you see. In person, some of them are ridiculously crude, like wrap fabric around a piece of Luan and glue it on. Some of the amateurs here are producing a better product than the pros.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
It seems like the upfitters all have the same interior walls. Does anyone know where to get them? As MsNomer says. It ain't easy paneling the inside.
I tried to buy the abs formed paneling that you see on all the mobility uplifted Promasters but couldn't get anyone to call me back or give me any information. Mobility Works makes the nicest looking paneling that I've seen:

I also reached out to this company in Turkey to purchase their paneling for the Ducato but they never got back to me so I gave up: http://www.akturk-plastik.com/images/extra/Akturk_oto_ic_doseme.pdf

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
I tried to buy the abs formed paneling that you see on all the mobility uplifted Promasters but couldn't get anyone to call me back or give me any information. Mobility Works makes the nicest looking paneling that I've seen:

I also reached out to this company in Turkey to purchase their paneling for the Ducato but they never got back to me so I gave up: http://www.akturk-plastik.com/images/extra/Akturk_oto_ic_doseme.pdf

Sorry Allpar is not letting you view the imbedded image. Here is what I posted:

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
What are y'all using to fasten paneling to the van? I'm going to try sheet metal screws to the ribs, no glue. Would like to be able to pull the panels off if necessary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts