Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

The lining kits are only available for the 159" High Roof with windows in all panels. However customers are purchasing these kits from us even if they have no windows down the sides as they are such durable panels.

The lining kits come with the following:

- 1 x Drivers Side Wall Panel (Please note that this one complete panel)
- 1 x Passengers Side Wall Panel (Please note that this one complete panel)
- 1 x Ceiling Panel (Please note that this one complete panel)
- 1 x Driver Rear Door Cover (NOTE: Only covers around the window and the top cavity, factory lower panel is left in)
- 1 x Passenger Rear Door Cover (NOTE: Only covers around the window and the top cavity, factory lower panel is left in)
- 1 x Passenger Side Sliding Door Cover (NOTE: Only covers around the window and the top cavity, factory lower panel is left in)
- 1 x Top Cavity Cover (NOTE: Cavity above cab area. This is very easily modified to fit our Rear Heat and A/C kit)
- 1 x Transition Step Cover (NOTE: Covers step between cab and cargo area)

Items are now available to be purchased separately.

Please contact me for more information.

Bryn Jones
Van Extras
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Metron4 asked the following questions in regards to the lining kit available from Van Extras.

I have copied them below for those interested.

1. For those of us installing our own insulation/electrical wiring, are there any considerations we need to take into account before those panels could be installed on walls/ceiling? Electrical and Insualtion must be done first as the lining kit covers up all cavities. In regards to insulation, it cannot be protruding past any beam or member on wall or ceiling or your panels will bulge. (Please note that this still gives you a minimum of 1 - 3 inches in any one spot on the walls or ceiling.) (Also note that generally 1 inch of spray foam is valued at R7.)

2. Can the panels be cut for GFCI electric outlets and other openings?
This can be done very easily. In our shop we do it a lot for lights etc. For GFCI's etc. all you need is a hot knife (a plumbers torch and an Olfa knife is great too.)

3. Can you provide some pictures of the AC/heat kit in the cab space, and maybe some dimensions to show how much space it occupies?
The unit takes up no space in the cab but sits in the cavity above the drivers head (in the high roof models) I have attached a picture of the unit. The unit is only 7 Inches high.
Bryn Jones
[email protected]

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The depth of the ceiling ribs varies a bit being a full inch in the middle and about 13/16 near the edges. I put up 1 inch Polyisocyanurate insulation and it sits flush in the center and is proud of the ribs at the edges.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 118" with a sliding door window, many people own 136" with one or no widows, some own a 159 with one or no windows, few own a 159" window.

Will you produce any kits for non window vans?

Can we buy "parts" of the kit? For example, the headliner and rear doors? The rear doors are standard across all lengths, the headliner might be adaptable??

The sliding side door and driver side bulkhead are the same for 136/159, shorter on the 118.

The rear quarter panels vary from size to size.

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
883 Posts
I went through the process with Bryn. The prices are competitive and they will sell just the pieces you need. However, the shipping costs more than the parts so this makes it a no go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nurse Ben,

As Jostalli said it is not always very cost effective to ship this product due to its size. However we only quoted Jostalli on the ceiling and Bulkhead Cover, as this was all he would have needed due to his project.

The best way to get your value for money out of the shipping is to buy all pieces as they are light, as it is the size that affects the shipping.

Also as Jostalli said, we do now offer the pieces separately. We currently have all items in stock.

We will look into having the panels made for the other size vans. I will keep PromasterForum.com updated as to this, in this thread.

I trust this answers any questions you may have.

Please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at [email protected]

Thank you for your continued interest.

Bryn Jones
Van Extras

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks

Nurse Ben,

As Jostalli said it is not always very cost effective to ship this product due to its size. However we only quoted Jostalli on the ceiling and Bulkhead Cover, as this was all he would have needed due to his project.

The best way to get your value for money out of the shipping is to buy all pieces as they are light, as it is the size that affects the shipping.

Also as Jostalli said, we do now offer the pieces separately. We currently have all items in stock.

We will look into having the panels made for the other size vans. I will keep PromasterForum.com updated as to this, in this thread.

I trust this answers any questions you may have.

Please feel free to contact me. I can be reached at [email protected]

Thank you for your continued interest.

Bryn Jones
Van Extras

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bryn, what distance is the floor clearance gap at the bottom of the side/back panels? I am building up a floor and want to make sure I don't build it too high.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone that has already been quoted pricing please share on the forum or with me by message. I've been trying to get pricing from the rep with no luck yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As strong supporters of open software, secret/private messages = evil. We would be happy to consider this product if we knew the price. If the price is so secret or "depends", then we are not interested. Also in this day and age of simple online ordering/payment, drop shipping, etc just can't understand and won't use companies that use "reps" which just add layers, time delays, and markups. ps: don't even like photos which require cookies (tracking) to view.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts