Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that the rear lights are switchable. You can turn them to an always "off" position. Or you can flip them to an always "on" position.......but they still go off after a period of time to save the battery.

Then there's the middle position that has them come on when the doors open. They go off after 5 minutes or so.

Seems like a good design.

Now if I can find a rear step bumper I will be happy.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They make step bumpers that go into a trailer receiver. Have one on my Sprinter. Had to shim it with big washers to make it stable though. Mine is full width. Not certain they make those anymore.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Got to love the power saving feature it has. The last thing you want is it being on and draining power when it's not needed

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The light itself is the switch. It has 3 positions.

Although Sweet Tooth says this type of light is common my most recent vehicle was a 2000 E250. No switches like that on my Ford, so it's new to me.

I'm gonna add an LED light strip this weekend in order to brighten up the cargo area. Will put a timed switch on it so it goes off by itself after a time.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a good idea. I paid over $90 for a 42" 12V strip of LED's. I hope it puts out enough light. If not, it's going back.

Can't wait till LED technology becomes more affordable. They say it coming.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a great light setup. Are the new lights wired into the existing lights?

I was going to just run a dedicated wire from the battery to a new timer switch for the light strip I have. Then I popped the lid off the battery in the floor in front of the driver's seat. Decided not to attach the wire there.......and then spent 15 minutes getting the lid back down where it goes......what a pain in the a**.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.. lights are from Install Bay and are a standard type led strip.

For now i soldered them straight to the rear cargo dome light.

Oregonplumber, you may have a "interface block" by the passenger seat at the base of the "b" pillar. You'll find power there.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So far with nothing in it yes they're pretty bright. Only thing is that they're not sticking too well on the ends. I cleaned the surface and an adhesion promoter as well but they're lifting a bit.

Some plastic screw down clips would best to use as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Could someone please tell me how to view or open the attached thumbmails that people are adding to their posts

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Could someone please tell me how to view or open the attached thumbmails that people are adding to their posts

Thanks.
Kind of a pain but go to forum
go to general discussion
go to interior lights in cargo area
click the paperclip below the "rating" then click there
click on img 2369 jpg

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've been on many forums over the years and I have to say that this layout is pretty unfriendly.

I'm trying to figure how to view the pics as well and for the life I just haven't been able to do it.

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
The very best way (in my opinion) to put pictures is to upload them on an image hosting site, copy the image link and use the image icon on top of the editing window. I use "postimage.org", it's free and it's super user friendly.

The available saving space for images is fairly limited on this site, so sooner or later, one has to use an other alternative . So it's probably a good idea to go with an image hosting site to start with. By the way, most forums don't offer image hosting, so let's not be to hard on them, but I will check what's the problem on the test section.

Anyways, here's my led setup for my PM with it's custom made housing:

The problem: it's too bright!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts