Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,108 Posts
I bought some led strips from ikea. They are meant to run off 110 vac but they are actually 12vdc powered if you connect them in directly and just throw away the AC to DC converter they come with. Just be sure you connect the + to the correct wire and the - to ground. They work very well and use next to no power plus light up the whole van. I bought 3/36" ones and a 24" one and they all run off the same fuse.

·
Super Moderator
9,108 Posts
I got the ikea ones at $30 each for 1 meter long - I got them all on sale at 50% off because the. Came out with a newer one that looks almost identical to me

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do you keep the lights on?

My '14 Promaster 2500 has stock lights in the cargo area that stay on for a couple minutes and the only way to get them back on that I have found is to close the rear doors and open them again.

What is the best way to get lights to stay on for longer?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dave, I have the same question. Even in the "on" position with the rocker switch, they only stay on about 8-10 minutes. Then i gotta close and open the doors again...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Dave, I have the same question. Even in the "on" position with the rocker switch, they only stay on about 8-10 minutes. Then i gotta close and open the doors again...
Yes... I experimented with it today.
Same result.
It went out after 8-10 minutes

·
Registered
604 Posts
Page 92 of Owner's manual:

Battery Saver
To protect the life of your vehicle’s battery when the
ignition is OFF and any door is left ajar for 10 minutes the
interior lights will automatically turn off.
If the headlights remain on while the ignition is cycled
OFF, the exterior lights will automatically turn off after
eight minutes. If the headlights are turned on and left on
for eight minutes while the ignition is OFF, the exterior
lights will automatically turn off.
NOTE: Battery saver mode is cancelled if the ignition is
ON.

I don't think there's a way to turn off the battery saver.

You'll have to rewire the light to a separate always-on source or install another light to an always-on source.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I can witness the fact that if you durn off the PM and yank the key out....
then turn on the headlamps stalk switch..
The parking lights only will come on and stay on till the battery runs down...
or you physically turn them off.
good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts