Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I disassemble the rear dome light to change the bulb in a PMC Wagon (headliner, passenger version).
It is a clear lens that is a rocker switch style. Looks to be three pieces; base, frame, clear lens.
Which is supposed to pop off?

Thanks.
Alan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured it out.

Pry at the center of the 2 long edges to pop out the pivots. Then there is a leg molded in the clear lens on one short side that acts like a detent for the switching action of rocking the switch. This detent leg hangs up and has to be yanked out. Maybe with just the right alignment it will pop out but that is by chance.

When you put it back together don't be surprised if the light doesn't work right. The design uses two copper leafs that contact pins. The lens removal can bend those contacts and screw up the switch. It happened on both lights I did. Took me 1/2 hour each to finagle them back into the right place.

What happened to easy owner maintenance on cars?! The manual says to go to the dealer for interior bulb changes.

Alan

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a cargo light burn out (the one on the passenger side of the cargo area) and finding a replacement was a trial! It seems there's no identical replacement in the U.S. but I found an LED version that fits and it's a 12v bulb, but I do notice that the bulb is always on with a very faint glow...and I kinda like that, personally. The LED uses almost no voltage, so I doubt it will drain the battery.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts