Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed ceiling fans in my 2019 Promaster 2500 but I do not have my electrical system set up yet to test functionality. I was hoping to re-purpose the wiring that is going to the interior cargo lights for my fans but I am fairly certain that I will blow the fuse.

I tried researching where the cargo light fuses are but came up empty. I want to swap them out for higher amperage fuses to test the ceiling fans.

Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's way more complicated than just up-sizing the fuse. The cargo lights are controlled by the can-bus. You will be better off just running new wiring / switches for the fans.

·
Registered
136" 2500 HR Gasser - Build Mode Activated
26 Posts
Fuses protect your wires from catching on fire, don't do this unless you check the wire gauge you are going to tap into or you could pull too many amps through too thin a wire and burn your van down. Do what Larry says, just run a temporary wire until you get the real wiring in. This is what I have done.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
It's easy to run wires in an empty PM. And the thin wiring for the fan is inexpensive. If I were you I'd just run new wiring. If you're doing a build out later, you can route it to your electrical system once you decide where it will go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts