Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
love it. very spacious. no generator, and no ac. But adding a rooftop AC and carry a portable generator is no big deal.

gas oven? perfect!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
love it. very spacious. no generator, and no ac. But adding a rooftop AC and carry a portable generator is no big deal.

gas oven? perfect!
I agree. And although my idea of a perfect conversion changes every time I see an innovative conversion, I think right now I'd only add a few tweaks: I'm 6'2", so I'd want that bed to be a couple inches longer. I'd consider then making the galley L shaped. Then I'd put one of those pop up TV cabinets on the other side like Leisure travel puts in their Unity Murphy Beds. Maybe let it extend a bit into the opening, (TVs generate a lot more heat than a person realizes, so having the heat escape outside is not a bad idea), with a fold down table for the outside, and the fold up desk on inside (I also think that extending the tv cabinet makes that fold up table more useful in that it's directly in front of the couch). That will allow for a bit wider storage. I'd put one of those narrow pull out pantries above the wine cooler. I'd also add an alternate spot for the table closer to the door with an adjustable height table pedestal so that the tabletop would become a low side table for the bed. And then with the bed, I'd like for the bed to have one of those pop up back rests. Then with solar and and AC unit, I think this would be about perfect for me. Admittedly, it would be a pain for more than one person in terms of the rear person getting out in the middle of the night, but for me, I travel mostly by myself, so this kind of setup would be ideal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If I was ordering this van, I'd make these changes -

Leave out the microwave and fit a taller refrigerator.
Leave out the wine cooler and make it a narrow cabinet or pull-out pantry.
I'd move the TV over to over the flip up table and put it on a swing arm. I'd also make sure it's a native 12v LED TV. Low wattage and no heat, and no need for an inverter.

I'd change those storage pockets in the back to something more rigid. Maybe the fabric pockets hold items more securely, I don't know.

I'd change the wood surfaces in the wet bath to the plastic laminate. I'd want to delete the shower curtain and have that whole room essentially waterproof.

If bigger side windows were available, I'd opt for them. These, while nice that they are double paned, and tip-out, they are a bit small.

Not sure I like the carpets. They look to be removable, like on a boat, so that may be OK.

I'm OK with the cassette toilet. It's a deal breaker for many, but as a single traveler, I think it would be OK. With many federal and state parks having vault toilets, dumping a cassette is no big deal.

I'm not quite sure about the flip up table. Where do you sit if you are using it as a laptop table? Maybe with the bed extended, it's a good nightstand. Or maybe it's useful as a food staging area when you are cooking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts