Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAM ProMaster 1500 LR 118"
345 Posts
Wow and in a 159ext! I find it amazing how inefficient all these big name companies build their vans. I suppose profit is in how fast and easy they can build them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Incredibly stupid, but it appears to have been designed to sell quickly at RV shows, where it will impress people new to the idea of travel--those who think an RV should be a suburban home on wheels.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,447 Posts
It doesn't look like those 2 back seats transform into a makeshift bed so there's definitely a disconnect between seating and sleep capacity. Makes no sense for an RV. Maybe it comes with a deployable guesthouse (aka - tent) you can put up for the kids, or whoever.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,434 Posts
At least when they make the bed they can still get to the bathroom. That’s better than some. Sofa seems superfluous, though, when what they really need is storage. There’s virtually zero storage.

I can see a couple with two kids old enough to sleep in a tent.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
5,378 Posts
A car with a bathroom and kitchen, who says you have to camp? isn't that what motels, hotels and Airbnb are for? :)

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
A car with a bathroom and kitchen, who says you have to camp? isn't that what motels, hotels and Airbnb are for? :)
That is what I was thinking - it is a "mother ship".

In terms of how we went camping - it was largely tent camping with the kids or we stayed in modest hotels. I am quite happy sleeping in a tent or just outside without a tent.

I am too tall to sleep sideways in a van , so a N/S arrangement is required no matter the effect.

On a business trip it would be perfect to be a sort of mobile office / way to take a break / occasionally stay in it.

On vacations the kids can sleep in sleeping bags - either in the tent of on the floor, and there is space for that.

Built in bathroom to deal with restaurant and gas station bathrooms being closed for covid or not convenient. When the kids tell you that they have to go - better than on the side of a highway.

Built in morning shower, which has always been the biggest objection to camping in my family.

The power system is a balanced reality - 2 batteries + 1 kW inverter to make coffee and probably run the microwave. Heavier loads go to the generator.

Maybe double or triple the solar and it is viable.

Not a big Jayco fan but that is separate from the layout.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
5,378 Posts
My nephew from Denver said these are called Boulder limousines. I'm guessing Boulder, CO is an affluent area.

·
Registered
2018 3500 EXT Camper Conversion in CT (TX for now due to Covid)
1,105 Posts
probably designs to go to football game then home

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Thats what I was thinking.

My own floor plan is regularly used for my sleeping and a mobile office when I am working out of town for business, but when its home it just carries people to my daughters softball tournaments and provides a place to change and use the restroom on occasion.

The problem with this one is storage. Where are they putting the camp chairs, grill, stadium seats, cooler (you need a lot of beverages!).

My second row does make a second bed in a pinch and I have used it once camping with my daughter, its nice to have the option, but 99% of the time I am solo on the 8 inch innerspring mattress.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You may want to look at the Winnebago Rialta floor plan for the QD model. It seats 4 and makes the rear passenger seats into a small bed.
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram

1 - 11 of 11 Posts