Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I took my pmc cargo in to get a new exhaust, and they insisted on just doing a muffler delete and new tip. It sounds great up to 4k rpm but after that sounds stock. Should I have done a full exhaust? or dual? I don't know too much about these things.
Also, I want to do an intake to make it sound better. Can I just remove the stock air filter and attach a 12" piece of aluminum intake and new filter, or should I do aluminum all the way to the engine?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can’t fully answer your question but I did try to install a K&N filter in my stock air box. Caused a check engine light to come on. I believe it pulls more air flow than the sensor likes. Put my stock back in, disconnect battery, engine light went off. I would imagine doing a cold air intake like you mentioned would cause a check engine light also.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Today is not like the past when one could drop a 4 barrel carb onto a big block V8 and add headers and dual exhaust. Today any new piping on the intake or exhaust will require remapping of your fuel system. Just installing bigger exhaust pipes will likely result in lower fuel economy and more engine noise with little to no performance gains. If more usable power is what you seek, then try finding a company who will work with you to install a turbo kit for the PMC engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey so I added an aftermarket intake, with no check engine light! That, with the muffler delete makes it sound mean, nice low growl, and I haven't noticed a difference in fuel economy. I'll look into the turbo, if its not too expensive. Apparantly this is the same engine as the dodge dart, and I heard that ot doesn't need to be re-mappped, that it does this automatically when airflow changes.
20200520_103654.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey so I added an aftermarket intake, with no check engine light! That, with the muffler delete makes it sound mean, nice low growl, and I haven't noticed a difference in fuel economy. I'll look into the turbo, if its not too expensive. Apparantly this is the same engine as the dodge dart, and I heard that ot doesn't need to be re-mappped, that it does this automatically when airflow changes. View attachment 63597 View attachment 63597
What intake did you buy and did you notice a difference from stock?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What intake did you buy and did you notice a difference from stock?
It's just an aftermarket intake for a dodge dart, same year. Definitely notice a difference as far as sound. For horsepower, I have no idea, but I don't really care, it sounds nice

·
Registered
1 Posts
The factory intake is already a cold air intake. It takes in air from the fender-well, and that's a positive pressure zone to top it off. That Dart intake is a warm air intake, and will do nothing for increasing power. If anything, it'll reduce power a smidge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts