Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 3500ext Gas - VA
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across an interesting site that advertises Promaster City camper conversion kits that can be installed in less than 30 minutes.

Here's a link to the video: http://www.outsideonline.com/embed/2107846

While my tastes tend toward a more purpose-build, permanent installation, I was intrigued by the use of the cargo track and magnetic wall/ceiling panels... add some pre-installed ceiling and wall hard mounting points and it is easy to see how these ideas could be applied to a fullsize Promaster.

Maybe my next build will be more modular...

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Many on this forum could make such a product for the PM van. They did a nice job with the soft wall coverings! I would like an insulation kit a bit more comprehensive than theirs, options for an electrical kit w/solar and options for cooking and porta-potty. Chance for some enterprising member to test the manufacturing waters. I have seen Ducato campervan kits in ads from Europe.

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,126 Posts
Many on this forum could make such a product for the PM van. They did a nice job with the soft wall coverings! I would like an insulation kit a bit more comprehensive than theirs, options for an electrical kit w/solar and options for cooking and porta-potty. Chance for some enterprising member to test the manufacturing waters. I have seen Ducato campervan kits in ads from Europe.
I agree.
I think there could even be a "kit" that basically covers some of the more difficult parts and provided good detailed instructions and plans for some of the more time consuming parts. For example, there could be paper templates for the wall and ceiling paneling that would save a ton of trial and error fitting and trimming of panels that we all went through. And, maybe the same kind of paper templates for the polyiso insulation panels. And, detailed plans for bed platforms, cabinets, galley etc. with cutting diagrams. Would save all the time for working this stuff out -- might cut the conversion time by more than half?

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts