Ram Promaster Forum banner

Instant Dinette! Lagun Table Install

13390 Views 16 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  proeddie
Warm weather has arrived! At least for a few days...

I ordered the Lagun table system and it arrived quickly. It took longer to make a tabletop than to install the Lagun system. Wow, lots of flexibility!

A few picture of our new dinette area: (you may recall my easy/peasy non-rotating passenger seat solution from earlier posts)

For dining al fresco....

Workspace over the couch

As a passing table for food & items to be used for cooking outside

The big picture

I found a good place to store it in the back... easy access. It can be locked in place for driving...pretty solid.

My table is 16" x 28" (3/4" oak plywood :D). The table mount is offset so the post is 1/3 from one end. I made a test top from cardboard to test clearances. Table is about 29" like a kitchen table... couches are standard chair height, about 18", so it's just like home!

Cup holders added from a marine supply store.

I bought a secound mounting plate that I may or may not use in the center of the couch area...we'll see after a few trips!

stay tuned... living area radio and speakers install coming soon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
809 Posts
That's really nice Eddie!

Could you get a shot underneath the table to show how that pivot works? Almost seems like the cupholders might collide with it, I'm sure it doesn't but it's a little hard to tell.

I'm still in DIY design mode with this. So far I've scrounged together a collection of parts from a dog grooming lazy susan, monitor mount hardware, conduit, microphone and laptop stands, and bicycle and camera mounting gear toward the project.

Might have been more sensible to bite the bullet and buy a Lagun, but where's the fun in that? :)

· Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zig,

Thanks!

Good eye! Yes, the bottom of the cupholders do hit the cross arm, but the center of rotation is behind the centerline of the table, so for me, it has little impact. Although I cannot rotate the tabletop 360 degrees, it rotates a lot more than 180, and it lets me position the table in lots of different configurations... can't find a spot that I'd want it that it won't go to... sometimes it's just a "rotate the other way" to get there.... hope that makes sense... the cardboard test table was a good way to experiment with mount location.

I will add a picture tomorrow.

If I had some experience with that 8020 stuff, I would have given it a DIY try, but decided to get the Lagun to make it easier. That gave me more time to work on the radio/speaker project.

· Registered
386 Posts
That is a slick conversion Eddie, love the 'light feeling' of the plywood... is the floor vinyl or ceramic? I will also pick up the Lagun. Great pics. ~ S

· Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TR,

Not a bad deal at all... easier than a DIY solution. I thought about the same sequoia setup but convinced myself I'd trip over the base mount even tho it's low profile!

Trying to figure out if there's a way to flip the handles on the cross beam... they'd be better on the other side. I tried just mounting it upside down and it works either way, but it seems like the flat rings suggest that they rest on the round posts. Any thoughts?

LSD,

Vinyl floor. Got it a few years back at HD.. they no longer stock it so I'm trying to take care of it....I use a few indoor/outdoor rugs to protect the entrances. Thanks for the kind words. The oak is light but the guys kid me about all the 3/4" plywood... definitely a heavy install, but SOLID!

· Premium Member
8,970 Posts
I like the idea it can stay in the mount while driving. Having had campers that required a bunch of set-up I avoid storing things and this seems much better than a table base with a leg and top to store! Swinging out the door is great too. Excellent workmanship as always. Good progress. It must be warmer in CT than NH, I’m back from AZ and freezing!

· Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JC,

I think it would work if you mounted the base plate on the side of the microwave cabinet and used a spacer to clear the counter overhang.

As with your tabletop mount, it would work better if offset, like I did (see below)

· Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I like the idea it can stay in the mount while driving. Having had campers that required a bunch of set-up I avoid storing things and this seems much better than a table base with a leg and top to store! Swinging out the door is great too. Excellent workmanship as always. Good progress. It must be warmer in CT than NH, I’m back from AZ and freezing!
It IS a nicely designed item. I will admit that I did set up a storage area for the top and cross arm, next to the pocket door wall on the toilet side... good place to stash it it it's not needed for a while! Upright post stays in place... makes for an additional place to grab during ingress.

Warm in CT today, about 66. Already down to 54 headed for 40 tonite!

· Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Proeddie, where did you order the Lagun table from? Rv-table-mount.com? Site seems a bit home brewed. Cheers.
Yes, not a great site but it works.

Note 1: if you want additional parts, buy email at the sane time.. No additional shipping for my extra base plate.

Note 2: they ship FedEx... Fast, but signature required

· Premium Member
8,970 Posts
I’d suggest we see it swiveled out the door with lots of shrimp cocktail and some iced CT microbrews sitting on it. LOL. Your generosity is legend.

· Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Microbrews??? We high class vanners only drink the finer wines! ;) Myself, I prefer a late vintage Diet Coke! >:D

Anyway, I thought I'd continue the thread with a few pics of the new table in it's storage position

I added an "arm" with a velcro strap to keep it stowed securely when not in use

We just got back from a short trip to PA to the semi-annual model train event (and, of course, some shopping adventures). We used the table a number of times and I have to say, it was a GREAT investment! We ate breakfast and a few lunches at the table instead of with a tray on the couch or taking out a folding table each time.

While driving, I clamped it tighter in position and it didn't move... the rest of the time the storage position worked well.

Speaking of shopping, I picked up a dashcam on sale and it worked well with a temporary mount and wiring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.