Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 118" LRoof
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the 1.5" Vancompass lift spacers themselves? I am really failing at getting the lower ball joint to line up and fit back into the lower control arm. I am using a spring compressor, pulling the lower control arm down as far as I can and using a floor jack to raise the knuckle. But as I raise the knuckle with the floor jack, the angle between the ball joint and lower control arm hole just doesn't allow me to align the ball joint correctly. I hope this isn't something I have to declare failure and have the new van towed to a shop with a lift. Please help with any suggestions you may have. I'm a long time mechanic and a lift and a helper would have made this possible. On my gravel driveway?? maybe not.

·
Premium Member
19’ Promaster 2500 136” DIY Camper Build
55 Posts
You will need two people, it takes a lot of weight and a cheater bar to line it up properly. You may also need to loosen the axle nut to get things lined up initially, there isn’t enough clearance/tolerance to maneuver the ball joint stud into place. If you can take a picture of where you are at in the process I can possibly add some more tips.

·
Premium Member
19’ Promaster 2500 136” DIY Camper Build
55 Posts
Any idea what size tires you can fit with the lift?
If you are just doing the front leveling kit I wouldn’t go up a tire size unless you want to do some trimming.

·
Registered
2019 118" LRoof
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got it installed. Thanks to my neighbor, Kelly, he whipped it into shape. Definitely a two person job.

·
Registered
2019 118" LRoof
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the final result. Drives real nice and I still need to get the toe set. Drives just like stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts