Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to make my mini camper a little more home-y by installing some flooring. Planning on locking down the subfloor by taking advantage of the 6 D-bolts in the cargo floor. While I was analyzing things I noticed there's a black disc-like shape in the floor. Anybody know what this is? And is there any reason why I might not want to cover it up? :eek:

Separately, I'm debating whether to pop off the plastic by the sliding doors and replace with the flooring of my choosing. Not quite sure how to handle this area! Took it off temporarily and noticed the plastic appears to be protecting a wiring harness underneath. Any ideas on how to tackle this?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
fuel tank

It is the fuel tank access cover. The fuel pump, filter and sending unit will be under there. Almost positive

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am also working on a conversion, slowly. I recently finished the floor, see attached. I also added aluminum L to the exposed edges of the minicell/plywood/coin stack (don't have a picture yet).

I'll try to make a build thread somewhere, sometime. I'd like to get the cabinet and ceiling done by spring break, the entire thing by summer.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is the fuel tank access cover. The fuel pump, filter and sending unit will be under there. Almost positive

That's exactly what it is.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am also working on a conversion, slowly. I recently finished the floor, see attached. I also added aluminum L to the exposed edges of the minicell/plywood/coin stack (don't have a picture yet).

I'll try to make a build thread somewhere, sometime. I'd like to get the cabinet and ceiling done by spring break, the entire thing by summer.

Steve
geokite - Nice floor! I see that you had the thinsulate on the wheel wells before you placed the final pieces of the floor. Then in the final picture, no thinsulate. Was it necessary to remove the thinsulate to fit the floor? are you going to put it back on?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Steve
Nice one Steve. Would love a pic once you figure out the trim sections. Curious, what will you be using the rails for? And would this floor come up easily if you needed access to any of these fuel components under the black metal cover I mentioned in my first post?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the comments on the floor. The pics were not in order; it took quite a bit of installing and removing the floor to get it right. Not even sure I communicated what is there very well. First I fitted the L-track, then the many pieces of mini-cell foam (1/4") to fill in the valleys, then a full sheet of mini-cell over that, then 1/4" plywood, then the coin floor. The thinsulate is still over the wheel wells, and has survived the installation of the walls.

The L-track is to anchor the cabinet (work in progress), and the bed platform. And up by the sliding doors, anything I'm carrying. It really makes it easy to safely attach semi-permanent items. All this can come out; cabinet, floor, etc. if needed. The only item glued is the thinsulate on the wheel wells.

Cabinet is about 13" wide, will have a sink and a slide out stove (maybe a flip up counter for the stove also). Done is the 100W of flexi-solar panel on roof (no additional holes drilled), USB ports on both walls.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts