Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to install an Etrack on the side walls. Has anyone done this or have any advice? Do I need to install the wall liners first or can I just mount the track to the frame? Any specific Etrack to purchase? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,851 Posts
I agree the L track is much higher quality and looks far better for just a little more expense. The best price I found was from a company in Miami that sells supplies for chair and. I don't have the link handy but google it. Be careful tho the same company has two websites and both have identical prices but
one has free shipping!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interested in a similar solution with e track bobe10er. Also debated putting a wood strip to mount the e-track to spread the load over a broader area and allow a room for error and hitting at least some of the panel holes. I'd also like to know what you are thinking about using bolt wise for it. Cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've put in about 24 ft. of L-track already and going to add more shortly. I've drilled new holes where i've needed to to match the mounting holes in the L-track every 5". I'm using the rivnuts and have been happy with the install for far for tying down my toys. If I need a hole where there is already a hole, I use my dremel to fine tune the hole for the rivnut. The most load will be an elevated bed platform and tie downs for the motorbike and seat on the floor. I'm having an upfitter do the floor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for everyone's help. I just spoke with my local up fitter (inland) and they recommended Etrack. I am going to use the track on the side walls for ratchet straps. Does anyone have any specifics on why you think L-track is better than e-track? I am still in the research phase and I will let you guys know what I go with.

Thanks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
L-track is better looking. E-track is more readily available. I wouldn't be surprised if E-track is stronger.

·
Super Moderator
10,851 Posts
L track looks a lot nicer and I'll bet it's just as strong. They use it for seating on airplanes, not E track. E track is cheaper but for minimal cost why not go for the best? The reason your upfitter wants to use E track is because it's cheap, NOT better!

·
Registered
654 Posts
One more vote for L-track. The euro handifloor systems uses L-track to restrain wheelchairs, and it is crash test certified (in Europe).

There is also a great multitude of connectors and tie offs available for the L track as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up buying from the "airline track" since it is stronger than the "L-track" from US Cargo. http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratchet-Straps-Tie-Downs/Airline-Straps-Hardware

I used the recommend nuts and bolts for the track. http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratch...k-Fastener-Pack-1-1-2-Bolt-w-Nut-Washer-10-pk

The tracks were secured to the top of the rail that runs the entire length of the truck. We had to drill a hole on top for the bolt and a bigger hole on the bottom to get a socket inside the rail to secure the nut.

It seems to be working well, I want to thank you all for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts