Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, am wondering if any of you SF/Oakland Bay Area PM owners know of reliable, honest repair/service shops in the area. I have a new 2019 LR 136" PM and have only had one service done -- at the Hilltop Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram dealership. Would love to find a reliable shop for regular service, etc.

TIA for any recommendations you have!

·
Registered
2019 159 High Top
29 Posts
Hey folks, am wondering if any of you SF/Oakland Bay Area PM owners know of reliable, honest repair/service shops in the area. I have a new 2019 LR 136" PM and have only had one service done -- at the Hilltop Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram dealership. Would love to find a reliable shop for regular service, etc.

TIA for any recommendations you have!
I am also interested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@eaklander @davehannaford Did you find anything? I'm also in Oakland looking for a mechanic
Nope, nothing as yet. Although I'm going to give a call to Don's Tire Service on Gilman Ave in Berkeley. Berkeley CA Tires & Auto Repair Shop | Don's Tire Service

Phone: (510) 526-0335
Address: 820 Gilman Street
Berkeley, CA 94710

They were closed the other day when I drove by, but it looks like they have service bays large enough to handle my Promaster (136" WB, low roof), but I'll need to confirm that, And also ask them about fluids and parts used for regular maintenance. Just had my oil changed though, so I won't be getting in touch in the near future. If you contact them, let us know what you learn!

·
Registered
10 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
@eaklander I've got a transmission-related thing I want to have diagnosed (it's an error code I got, P0868), and I'm currently looking at going to Schuck's Transmission & Auto Repair in Dublin, the Hilltop Ram Dealership, Benner Auto Repair in Oakland or AAMCO Transmission and Auto Care in Oakland as well. Right now due to availability it's between Schuck's Transmission & Auto Repair or the Dealership. I don't want to be price gouged by the dealership, but I also want efficient and reliable work done by someone knowledgeable on the vehicle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@eaklander I've got a transmission-related thing I want to have diagnosed (it's an error code I got, P0868), and I'm currently looking at going to Schuck's Transmission & Auto Repair in Dublin, the Hilltop Ram Dealership, Benner Auto Repair in Oakland or AAMCO Transmission and Auto Care in Oakland as well. Right now due to availability it's between Schuck's Transmission & Auto Repair or the Dealership. I don't want to be price gouged by the dealership, but I also want efficient and reliable work done by someone knowledgeable on the vehicle.
I'm sure we'd all like to hear how your search turns out, so please let us know.

I have been very pleased with the service I've had done at the Hilltop Ram Dealership -- everyone there whom I've worked with are very friendly and efficient. Excellent COVID protocols in place . But I'm sure they are more expensive than any of the independent shops. I do like having dealership service records to prop up the resale value of my vehicle, but still, if I can find an independent shop that uses OEM fluids & parts and knows what they're doing when it comes to Promaster service & repairs, I'd be happy with that too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@eaklander funny enough I just decided last night to do the job myself with a friend. That job being changing the engine oil and transmission fluid. I’d rather put dealer labor cost to buying my own tools I’ll need to do the job in the future.

After doing that I might take it in to the dealer if the error code still persists.

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,077 Posts
Good timing. I called Hilltop to get in line for the recall repairs. There are 95 people in front of me and they get 4 parts per week. The lady on the phone was frank about the delay and said she would call me next year when my name came up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good timing. I called Hilltop to get in line for the recall repairs. There are 95 people in front of me and they get 4 parts per week. The lady on the phone was frank about the delay and said she would call me next year when my name came up.
Jeez, how do ya'll find out about recalls? I have no idea if I should bring my 2014 Promaster 2500 in for any recalls of late. It looks like you have a 2017, so I imagine the recall is for the later models

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
5,479 Posts

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,077 Posts
Jeez, how do ya'll find out about recalls? I have no idea if I should bring my 2014 Promaster 2500 in for any recalls of late. It looks like you have a 2017, so I imagine the recall is for the later models
There are two recalls for 2017. I got letters and postcards from RAM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.