Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Promaster and am showing 4.7 mpg on both the A and B trip settings. The instant economy reading seems to be correct and changes with the way that I drive, but the trip A and B settings just stay at 4.7. Needless to say, the instant readings are generally way above 4.7 (usually 14-16 range).

Resetting the trips doesn't seem to do any good. Anybody else have this issue or have thoughts on what to try?

Trying to avoid going back to the dealership if I don't have to.

Thx!

SN

·
Registered
100 Posts
If pushing the reset doesn't work, I'd say you need to take it to the dealer.

I can push the reset on mine and it zeroes out and then starts updating the averages again about every quarter mile.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Same thing happened to my 2016 diesel and I did just what 30 said. Disconnected for maybe 5 minutes and the mileage works fine now. As a bonus I didn't have to enter the radio unlock code and my saved presets stayed the same! I disconnected the negative battery terminal because it was the easiest. Odd that it chooses 4.7 mpg and it comes back to 4.7 after resetting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'll give that a try. It is possible that the problem started when I disconnected the battery to install the swivel seats. I noticed the behavior after the fact, but had just got the van, so am not sure if it was working before I did it.

Simple enough to give it a try, though. I'll let everyone know if it works out.

Thx,

SN

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to follow up in case anyone searches for this later. I disconnected the negative terminal of the battery, left it off for about 10 minutes, then hooked it back up. When I reconnected, everything still worked in the van and the mpg reading are now working.

Thanks everyone for their help!

SN

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just found this old post using the search engine. My (3500 Diesel) MPG has also been reading 4.7 MPG in spite of resets. I left the van parked in AZ and will be back there later this month and will give the reboot a try.

·
Registered
371 Posts
One of the things I have noticed on resetting mpg and trip mileage is that it resets the mileage first but seems to leave the mpg. I need to keep pressing the button longer for it to rest the mpg as well.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2016 Diesel. Except in Canada the magic number is 50L/100km, which is 4.7 mpg. I had to have the PCM replaced under warranty, now it works fine.

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
424 Posts
I took mine in and showed them the TSB. They said that my van was NOT covered under that bulletin, as it was too new. And of course, since they were replacing the alternator and thus disconnecting the battery, it reset and was behaving itself, so "No Problem Found".

I guess I'll just have to wait until it fails again, and take it back in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts