Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone waiting for a van that is currently showing “In Transit” Status? I have a van that is still ”In-Transit“ status - its been in that status since April. When I finalized the contract for the van I was originally told it would be at the dealer Mid May and that it was sitting at the Brunswick Port, then lI was told late May and now yesterday I was told it’s still in Mexico. Is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
2022 Promaster 159"
24 Posts
Wow that sucks,
Sorry about that ...
I bought one that was already in transit status. This was early May. I don't know how long it was in that status before I contacted the dealer about it. but I am grateful to be taking delivery tomorrow (6/17) so mine was about 6 weeks from the time I gave them a deposit. and that was an eternity.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 22 order hasn't been built yet, expected build date is currently end of June and my salesman said to expect about 6 weeks following build to delivery. Your situation sounds outside of that, and especially sucky given they told you different things on where the van was when you bought it and now, more than 6 weeks later.

·
Registered
2022 Promaster 2500 159" WB, Granite Gray
52 Posts
I ordered my 2022 in January.
  • Feb 17: From FCA. "Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at <dealer> the week of 6/8/2022."
  • May 4: From dealer. "Looks like it is scheduled to arrive at the Davisville Port on the 27th of this month. From there it will be trucked up to our dealership for you to pick up."
  • May 20: From RAM. "The wait is nearly over. Your Ram Promaster has been built and is getting ready to be shipped."
  • May 28: From dealer. "I took a look at your ProMaster's progress in it's journey to get to us and noticed that it was unloaded at the Baltimore Port on May 11th. The tracking system doesn't show an ETA to our dealership yet, but hopefully we should see it at some point soon."
  • June 16: Crickets...

·
Registered
193 Posts
  • Feb 17: From FCA. "Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at <dealer> the week of 6/8/2022."
  • May 4: From dealer. "Looks like it is scheduled to arrive at the Davisville Port on the 27th of this month. From there it will be trucked up to our dealership for you to pick up."
  • May 20: From RAM. "The wait is nearly over. Your Ram Promaster has been built and is getting ready to be shipped."
  • May 28: From dealer. "I took a look at your ProMaster's progress in it's journey to get to us and noticed that it was unloaded at the Baltimore Port on May 11th. The tracking system doesn't show an ETA to our dealership yet, but hopefully we should see it at some point soon."
this was posted on another topic thread in response to my saying i was awaiting my van by @RamCares is the link and the end of this. looks like the online status is back online. note: there is a discrepancy on my order all the info jives but mine was verified by the dealership and logistics to be in Rhode island as of 5/29. this status link says it hasn’t shipped. i know it left mexico, based on a call to Ram Care and the dealer both independently said it’s in Davisville RI awaiting a car carrier to the dealer
Congrats on your new van! For anyone who may also be waiting for a new van, you can track your order here: RAM Vehicle Order Tracking

·
Registered
193 Posts
@stargazer. mine was also supposed waiting to go on several ship in may but the last ship from altamira that docked in davisville with pMs on it left mexico on 5/21 and unloaded in davisville 5/29 ( i looked up the marine traffic and shipping company info online) if you know the port/carrier you can follow the shipment and the port website had a link to the logistics vendor handling the ship. per that info 200+ PM and a bunch of other FcA vehicles were on that ship. FWIW mine was also supposed to on a carrier headed to NY either 6/3, 6/9 or today. i know the dealership doesn’t have it i drove by 😬. it’s a 3 hr drive to Davisville from where i’m at. so if today is the 16th and it’s delivery est is 6/21. i’ve got my fingers crossed

·
Registered
52 Posts
@stargazer. mine was also supposed waiting to go on several ship in may but the last ship from altamira that docked in davisville with pMs on it left mexico on 5/21 and unloaded in davisville 5/29 ( i looked up the marine traffic and shipping company info online) if you know the port/carrier you can follow the shipment and the port website had a link to the logistics vendor handling the ship. per that info 200+ PM and a bunch of other FcA vehicles were on that ship. FWIW mine was also supposed to on a carrier headed to NY either 6/3, 6/9 or today. i know the dealership doesn’t have it i drove by 😬. it’s a 3 hr drive to Davisville from where i’m at. so if today is the 16th and it’s delivery est is 6/21. i’ve got my fingers crossed
Thanks @carolinavangirl. I've kind of adopted an "It'll come when it comes" attitude at this point. Between the years of research and planning, being completely overwhelmed with what's ahead of me, the anxiety of dropping this much cash as prices for everything are climbing out of control, seeing the window sticker for my van show a price that's several thousand dollars above the "deal" I signed (then having to make sure the dealer would honor it), realizing the factory decided to put regular speed control in rather than the adaptive I ordered (and haggling with the dealer over that as well), driving by the gas station signs, reading (and agreeing with) posts here about what a bad idea it is to buy a van right now, trying hard to ignore every "My engine just blew up/the tow truck wrecked my van/..." post, watching my 401K value get gutted by the day, etc., etc., I'm not sure anymore whether I'm looking forward to picking it up or half wondering if/hoping the dealer decided to just sell it to someone else for the new, higher sticker price just because they can.

Some days I get excited about finally starting this thing I've been dreaming about for years. And other days, I ask myself what the h*ll I'm thinking...

Okay. </rant>

I hope your van arrives soon, that your build is enjoyable and successful, and that it brings you all the adventure you seek.

·
Registered
2022 Promaster 159"
24 Posts
Thanks @carolinavangirl. I've kind of adopted an "It'll come when it comes" attitude at this point. Between the years of research and planning, being completely overwhelmed with what's ahead of me, the anxiety of dropping this much cash as prices for everything are climbing out of control, seeing the window sticker for my van show a price that's several thousand dollars above the "deal" I signed (then having to make sure the dealer would honor it), realizing the factory decided to put regular speed control in rather than the adaptive I ordered (and haggling with the dealer over that as well), driving by the gas station signs, reading (and agreeing with) posts here about what a bad idea it is to buy a van right now, trying hard to ignore every "My engine just blew up/the tow truck wrecked my van/..." post, watching my 401K value get gutted by the day, etc., etc., I'm not sure anymore whether I'm looking forward to picking it up or half wondering if/hoping the dealer decided to just sell it to someone else for the new, higher sticker price just because they can.

Some days I get excited about finally starting this thing I've been dreaming about for years. And other days, I ask myself what the h*ll I'm thinking...

Okay. </rant>

I hope your van arrives soon, that your build is enjoyable and successful, and that it brings you all the adventure you seek.
sounds a bit like you are living in my head

·
Registered
193 Posts

Okay. </rant>

Thanks it’s like you just recited my ‘van tales’ diary. same here. am i buying a money pit during a recession ?! keeps me awake a bit at night. then i picture myself setting up a tent, hanging tarps and worse packing away when they’re wet and muddy and i think aaaah an RV for half the price of a Pleasureway/Airstream that i get to style like a miniature apartment and i go back to picking paint colors for the cabinets and fabric for the curtains/ cushions and wondering if i could actually work remotely from the van without myboss knowing i’m not in my living room 20 minutes away but at the beach or in the mountains. ( #lifegoals)

·
Registered
193 Posts
My 22 order hasn't been built yet, expected build date is currently end of June and my salesman said to expect about 6 weeks following build to delivery. Your situation sounds outside of that, and especially sucky given they told you different things on where the van was when you bought it and now, more than 6 weeks later.
my van rolled off the assembly line at the end of april, sat at the port in mexico a month ( with 2,065 others) i don’t know how many roll off the assembly line at once but i don’t think it’s 2000 and they want to fill a ship given the cost. it’s has been in Rhode Island at a port for several weeks. Shipping is still in turmoil, there’s still a chip shortage and not just vehicles, it’s not making the news like it was but that’s being overshadowed by new ‘ disasters’ every day. Tornadoes, extreme heat, school shootings, dysfunction of govt. etc. the ‘last mile’ delivery is at the mercy of truckers, where ‘help wanted’ signs prevail.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You cannot even order a pmc presently. I just am going to buy a pmc van that was already in transit to my dealer. Supposedly will arrive this month. It isn’t quite what i was planning to order, but i decided I can live with the differences. No rear wipers/defroster. No hitch receiver, but I can get that at U-haul. ( unless you guys have a better recommendation. It will be used to carry a swing away bike carrier.) No park assist, but I will mostly do head in parking. ( And no more trying to back my teardrop trailer, which l do not enjoy!). Gas mileage will be much better than what l get pulling that trailer with my Subaru. But I know what you mean about watching the 401k tank- I have loat the value of the new van during this downturn ! Guess i may need to keep working a bit longer.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
No hitch receiver, but I can get that at U-haul. ( unless you guys have a better recommendation. It will be used to carry a swing away bike carrier.)
U-Haul is a viable option, but ... Swing-aways are heavier to start with. Depending on how heavy your bike(s) is, the total weight can cause light-duty hitches to flex and bounce. In trailer hitch terminology, a bike rack with bikes is considered tongue weight. Get a hitch rated for your expected tongue weight.

·
Registered
2022 Promaster 159"
24 Posts
You cannot even order a pmc presently. I just am going to buy a pmc van that was already in transit to my dealer. Supposedly will arrive this month. It isn’t quite what i was planning to order, but i decided I can live with the differences. No rear wipers/defroster. No hitch receiver, but I can get that at U-haul. ( unless you guys have a better recommendation. It will be used to carry a swing away bike carrier.) No park assist, but I will mostly do head in parking. ( And no more trying to back my teardrop trailer, which l do not enjoy!). Gas mileage will be much better than what l get pulling that trailer with my Subaru. But I know what you mean about watching the 401k tank- I have loat the value of the new van during this downturn ! Guess i may need to keep working a bit longer.
That's exactly what I did, however I didn't realize it until we had a verbal agreement. that was in early May, 6 weeks ago, but lucky me, mine arrived just today :) woo hoo!
I hope y'all get yours soon. I am already in love and haven't set up the radio

·
Registered
45 Posts
U-Haul is a viable option, but ... Swing-aways are heavier to start with. Depending on how heavy your bike(s) is, the total weight can cause light-duty hitches to flex and bounce. In trailer hitch terminology, a bike rack with bikes is considered tongue weight. Get a hitch rated for your expected tongue weight.
I read someone’s post about flexing of the hitch receiver with a motorcycle on it, so I am aware of the issue. But, I am not sure if a stronger one can come from uhaul.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,816 Posts
Have read of issues with bouncing bike racks deforming class 2 hitches on the Subaru Forester Forums. As long you get at least a class 3 hitch you shouldn't have any problems, even with multiple bikes. Hitches at U-Haul tend to be overpriced and who wants a U-Haul sticker on their hitch? Ironically, the guy at U-Haul even recommended I go somewhere else. The place I bought my last pickup topper also installed very nice Drawtite hitches on two of my Foresters at about 1/2 what U-Haul quoted me, even including wiring, ball mount and 2" ball.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is anyone waiting for a van that is currently showing “In Transit” Status? I have a van that is still ”In-Transit“ status - its been in that status since April. When I finalized the contract for the van I was originally told it would be at the dealer Mid May and that it was sitting at the Brunswick Port, then lI was told late May and now yesterday I was told it’s still in Mexico. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Yeah, I'm in the same boat! Mine is "finished build" status and is in "shipping" mode. Which means that it could be sitting in a lot outside the factory in Saltillo, on a truck to the port of Vera Cruz, in a lot in Vera Cruz, on a ship anywhere between Vera Cruz and Brunswick GA, in a lot in the port of Brunswick OR. . . on a truck headed to NC. Delivery date to dealer is July 19 but dealer says that doesn't mean anything. I suppose it could be worse, imagine if the federal government was in charge of shipping it here!

·
Registered
193 Posts
my van is here! it’s really happening / days short of 6 months from the dealer placing the order, going to see it tomorrow and hand over my first born, sign away my credit rating.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my van is here! it’s really happening / days short of 6 months from the dealer placing the order, going to see it tomorrow and hand over my first born, sign away my credit rating.
Congrats @carolinavangirl ! I got the call yesterday—my van has landed at the dealership. Just shy of 6 and a half months from the day I ordered it.

Deep breath. Repeat after myself: “I can do this. I can do this…”

·
Registered
193 Posts
Congrats @carolinavangirl ! I got the call yesterday—my van has landed at the dealership. Just shy of 6 and a half months from the day I ordered it.

Deep breath. Repeat after myself: “I can do this. I can do this…”
Open a case with RAM Cares on your van, they had the best info, on the shipping aspects, the other stages the dealership seemed to have.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts