Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in Germany for a week and wow this place is full of vans. Where we in North America have our roads filled with SUVs and Pickup Trucks, they have so many vans, big and small. So many great Eurovan-like Models from VW and MB. Large Promaster sized vans from VW, Mercedes, Ford, and many others. The Fiat Ducatos are everywhere. The new front end looks nice. Haven't seen too many camper van conversions, other than from a distance.

Still think though that the Ducato/Promasters look the best of the bunch. I have a fondness for the Eurovan camper conversions as a past European owner but don't think I could go back to the smaller size again. Our 159 HT is barely enough.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've been in Germany for a week and wow this place is full of vans. Where we in North America have our roads filled with SUVs and Pickup Trucks, they have so many vans, big and small. So many great Eurovan-like Models from VW and MB. Large Promaster sized vans from VW, Mercedes, Ford, and many others. The Fiat Ducatos are everywhere. The new front end looks nice. Haven't seen too many camper van conversions, other than from a distance.

Still think though that the Ducato/Promasters look the best of the bunch. I have a fondness for the Eurovan camper conversions as a past European owner but don't think I could go back to the smaller size again. Our 159 HT is barely enough.
I have always had a fondness for things European. Love Ikea. I never liked vans much but the new European style changed all that. Love the promaster. Seen so many videos from Europe and the UK about van life. Pretty cool. Seems like it is catching on here too now. Looking forward to a lot of fun trips with the van. Any pics of your trip?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no I don't think I've seen the High High top Ducato. Will keep my eyes peeled.

Yes I am so impressed by the general design awareness that the general public has here versus North America. Yards are clean and tidy, there is a distinct lack of plastic (utilensils, bags, etc), recycling containers everywhere, farm yards are not littered with rusting cars and equipment, even bathrooms are well thought out and have beautiful porcelain and fixtures. Train lines are lined with narrow solar farms, places that no one would ever live. The only somewhat odd thing is the very distinct prevalence of graffiti along the train lines in the cities.
Such a beautiful place. I have a gazillion pics, will try to get some up later.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,803 Posts
But the graffiti is itself artful. Our observations exactly.

But then, they come here and marvel at stuff we take for granted--like driving for hundreds of miles on a straight road or taking a hike with total solitude.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes you too are right.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
We found Spain remarkably pleasant for similar reasons too. absolutely NO SPRAWL. One town, empty countryside, another town, some suburbs as you approach a city but so neat and no junk anywhere and no trash. Street cleaners were always to be seen in Sevilla, Madrid and Barcelona. They actually pay employees to pick up trash, sweep the street and sidewalk often by hand. Vans everywhere as the pickup truck is not present. Small flat bed trucks for delivery but nothing like the behemoth pickups we have here. Travel on the Ave High speed train at 320KPH was an experience. Why a large country like ours does not have such trains and Europe and Japan do is just too bad for us. We did see the High-High top. I thought it sort of looked out of proportion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts