Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question hopefully someone here knows. If the promaster has the uconnect option does it have GPS too or are there different unconnect models?

Thanks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I learned my lesson on the last car I bought $$$$ with GPS, you are stuck with the technology for that year. I have a VW and it costs me $200 a year to update the system, which doesn't work as well as Garmin, which I ended up buying and it has free updates. The Garmin was less than $200 and works much better.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the in dash GPS in my ram pickup. Its really nice having everything integrated. But its hardly a deal breaker. I test drove one today. A 1500 136wb. Has everything I want minus the GPS. Im planning on going in on Monday and buying it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Uconnect 5 with GPS, and don't use it. Having it part and parcel of the radio means that anytime you touch it, it displays something else, and you have to manually navigate back to the GPS. I'm not familar with it enough to have much other to say about it, other than it seems cluttered with icons, so not much map shows.

I've installed a Garmin GPS on the top of the dash, hardwired into the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts