Ram Promaster Forum banner

Importing my promaster from USA to France

1191 Views 24 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  CarKeys
Hello,

I bought the van 18 months, and completed its conversion a few months back. I now have to move to France and after all the work I put in it, I would highly prefer to bring the van with me. I've read some information on the web, but none from a person who has done it recently. Since the Ram promaster is a derivative of the Fiat Ducato, I'm hopeful it should be possible minus the shipping cost, a few modifications, ... Anyone with some experience in this?
Reactions: elkwoman
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2014 hightop 3500
58 Posts
I believe that the Chrysler mini vans were exported to Europe so they should have mechanics that work on those. Same engine and trans. I know Jeeps are exported there.
In 2007 I rented a new Chrysler minivan in Pisa italy. It was regular ol' American style but with a stick-shift turbo diesel. Daimler put there own mill under the hood for the European market. I would not bring a gas hog like my promaster to Europe. Get a Citroën diesel van and build it out. They get almost 2x the milage as a gas promaster. I drove one in Iceland last year. Awesome little "bus". Russ

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts