Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I go back and delete old images, assuming most people won’t go back to old threads except when researching an old subject.

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
I go back and delete old images, assuming most people won’t go back to old threads except when researching an old subject.
That’s one way to do it also premium members get a lot more space but it is a one time $40 expense to become a premium member..

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Please don't do this. Many times, an image is crucial to the context or provides the proverbial 1000 words of description. --and all the more so if it's an old post containing an irreplaceable image from a member who's moved on and can't be contacted for more info.

As someone said, use an external service that doesn't expire images like IMGUR or POSTIMG (that one is new to me; I'll have to try it).

The problem with these external services is that they go belly up or they hold images hostage when they decide to "monetize" them.

Or go Premium here, which looks like a good deal being just a one-time fee.

·
Premium Member
7,385 Posts
I did when Tinypic.com images stopped showing up due to it not being an encrypted site.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow..first of all thanks everybody - I am shocked tho - aren't we in the 21st century? c'mon now! so I would have to fig out how to set up some other site so I can post LINKS for other people to click on, then wait for THEM to load... then when you've looked at that close out and come back here?! then repeat!?what a huge pain in the ass! I honestly might not have even started this all had I known I'd be castrated on page 3, 4 months into a 1 year build...Send this to the top constricting nazi webmaster .BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
No, you don’t have to do any of that at all. You open up an account at a photo storage site, upload your photos, then embed the link to whichever image you want to show up in your post and you are done.

The procedure has been outlined many times here and on other sites. If you search the site you will find many examples of how to do it and what works the best.

You can embed images in the forum several ways but I like to just use the
code where xxxx= the url of your image from your image storage provider. That way the full size image just magically shows up in your post - no visible links or thumbnails to click on.

Like this
https://i.postimg.cc/qBsTqt2q/P1080980.jpg With the
in front and at the end of the link this is the result.

·
Premium Member
7,385 Posts
Who’s the old fat guy in front of the sandstone pearl van?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts