Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after owning my new PM for only a week I had my 1st issue.:(
I went to turn the key and it would not turn to start the engine.
I didn't want to force it so I fiddled with it for 5 min. until the switch finally turned and the van turned over. I noticed the ig. switch is kind of loose where the key is inserted.
Anyone here have this kind of problem?

Also is the clipboard removable, if so how ?
Thanks,
Tad

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,714 Posts
Key?

Sometimes the steering wheel lock is kinda tight. Wiggle the wheel to make sure it is releasing the interlock and the key should turn freely. If not, may be worth additional investigation.

Clipboard? I'll take that one....

Check out this thread. I have pictures to explain what it looks like in there!

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35306

Enjoy your new PM!
Ed

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
The lock cylinder should not be loose. It is possible that the steering wheel lock was holding it. But if it was, it shouldn't have released the key until you took pressure off the lock by turning the wheel, or forced the cylinder forward. Forcing it could definitely tear it up. It sounds like you have an issue with the lock cylinder. Is it working now, aside from being loose? Nevertheless, if the cylinder is loose something is wrong with it.

You should just take it in and let them fix it. They will probably just replace the cylinder. More than likely they will order it, and it will come in a few days, already pinned up to your key.

-t

1 - 4 of 4 Posts