Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After using the Engel MT45 for more than a year, we have a pretty good idea of where we want things to be. Milk goes here. Drinks go here. Meat goes here. Etc. Milk and drinks are the most often accessed, and we wanted those spaces to be preserved, so I made this divider which fits under the top baskets. The space beside the milk will hold another half gallon, or it can hold other stuff.

I used plastic canvas (normally used with yarn) tied together with flat plastic leading we made lariats out of as kids. Tied to the basket with plastic zip ties. If/when I have nothing better to do, I could refine the dimensions, but I believe it will work well as-is. The flexibility is a plus.

·
Registered
351 Posts
WHAT??? I thought you're just supposed to dump stuff in there.

:)

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,714 Posts
like minds....

I used a piece of clear plexiglass to create a partition to keep my Diet Coke bottles separate and accessible from the top. It divides the bin into a 1/3 and 2/3 sections, sodaand a milk quart goes in the 1/3. I tywrapped the plexiglass partition to the wire basket.

For the other 2/3, I got some rubbermaid plastic containers in 4 different sizes. Two together stack to just about the height of the chest, and the other two stack next to the first ones to the same height. On our last trip, we used one for shredded lettuce - lots of salads (doing South Beach), another for cheese snacks and cold cuts, one for eggs and another for everything else. It definitely makes it easier to grab a bin, take it out and not leave the fridge open while we hunt for things...

ed

zip ties... tywraps... they are my go-to item. Almost as handy as a L _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ N !

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use Rubbermaid, too, but not systematically.

And yes, it does seem that you and I have similar ideas. Looking forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,714 Posts
I use Rubbermaid, too, but not systematically.

And yes, it does seem that you and I have similar ideas. Looking forward to meeting you.
The Rubbermaid set I bought is this one. https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Canisters-Container-BPA-free-1776474/dp/B003BKGJ1A?th=1

The 4 pieces plus lids fit perfectly in the 2/3 section of my MR40. The height allows for something thin (1/2") on top, LIKE A FEW HERSHEY BARS ! >:D

I actually bought a second set that I use for dry foods in my kitchen cabinet. They sell the individual nesting pieces at Walmart!

Still disappointed we missed you on your last trip East... next time for sure!

ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts