Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent thread about the 141K engine failure on the gasser, prompts me to ask this question. Mine is a diesel, but idling is especially not recommended in cold weather With winter just around the corner,. I am wondering if there is an easy way to up the RPM's when idling. Please don't say a length of cane pole! I will not be idling for extended periods of time, but I could easily be idling for a couple of hours at a time. I would like to keep my van toasty, when it is really cold out.

-t

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don't laugh about the pole, I use a short length of 3/4" dowel with a rubber tip on both ends for my sprinter. Works great
As far as I know there is no other way to keep rpms up

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
In Europe many diesel manufacturers option a Wabasto or Espar diesel heater. I am convinced that is the correct answer and the Espar D2 Airtronic I bought was relatively easy to install, works well and has a long lifetime if serviced properly. All this is clear in the documentation that came with it. I paid just over $800 which is not a lot compared with the possibly of damage to the emissions equipment on the van. They just sip fuel too. Others here have long experience with this heater in vehicles and boats. With the restrictions on idling in many states it may be the best answer. There are portable propane heaters for much less but they use the interior air for combustion snd have safeguards for low oxygen etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts