Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to install slides of some sort (maybe 2-3' long) on my floor so I can slide my port-a-pottie out as a step-up for my dog to get up to the bed and to use over night. I'll slide it back in during the day when not in use, or to use it as a step/ledge to rest my feet when sitting on my bench/couch when my "bed" is condensed.

The toilet would need to lock in place when secured to the rear and when forward deployed.

Any suggestions? I was thinking some t-slotted 80/20 or some type of pre-fab rail...looking for the less expensive route.

I can take some pictures tonight to help describe what I am hoping to do. Time for build picture updates anyway. The main objective is to create a removable platform of sorts so my dog can get up to the bed. You can see where my priorities lie. Never-mind my comforts...right now my port-a-pottie is right behind my driver's seat, which really won't work once I have my swivels installed.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ball bearing style drawer slides . Some have a closed position brake built in but may not hold a loaded pottie.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Maybe you've seen this one from our build?
Bed, big shelf, and two sliders below.
Slide-master makes them custom to order. They can slide both ways like ours or just one direction.
The dual direction slider has a weight capacity of 1000 pounds, so about any size pottie would be OK.
The cat litter box is now near the rear door and the human little box is up front on the same driver's side slider.
It can act as a step up to the bed if needed and does stay slid out for night time #1 calls.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Pictures....last picture is upside down, but it is the "bed" in couch/bench mode. Feet will rest on the three boxes pictured and also electronics/battery housing which will be built once we get through this bit.

mm404 that may have been where I got the idea.

As looking to the rear, with the fridge on left, the sink on right, and the toilet to the rear...I'll have my batteries and electronics to the right of the toilet. To the left of the toilet will be open storage for my RTIC overflow and beer cooler and inflatable SUP.

The goal is to create a step up while also keeping the area free below the sink so I can empty and fill my grey water and fresh water jugs as needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Maybe you've seen this one from our build?
Bed, big shelf, and two sliders below.
Slide-master makes them custom to order. They can slide both ways like ours or just one direction.
The dual direction slider has a weight capacity of 1000 pounds, so about any size pottie would be OK.
The cat litter box is now near the rear door and the human little box is up front on the same driver's side slider.
It can act as a step up to the bed if needed and does stay slid out for night time #1 calls.
mm404...I was looking at slide-master when we where thinking on just a slide out shelf/storage unit for a step up. I assume these are quite spendy. I am hoping for something under $200. If you embedded a picture, sorry I can't see it from my work computer. I haven't figured out why it does or doesn't work like that. I just have to remember to check it out when I get home.

These might be too long, but I have them saved for bike drawers. They might make shorter versions. They can hold a lot of weight:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...Code=as2&tag=zeore-20&linkId=2UQK6NFSF2RNGDK2
I was looking at drawer slides as well. The length might work well, too. Could I mount these on the floor, or would they only work on the side? I don't think I have the infrastructure to mount them on the side.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
You could probably build something to attach to the floor then attach the slides to.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah, I have the plate that the pottie (Thetford Curve) latches into so I will have a "base" for the step/toilet. We may need to redo the box/frame for the pottie all together. It is a very tight fit and initially I was planning on lifting the frame off IOT do maintenance, but that will not work with this new plan. It is too tight of a fit to lift the pottie out of the wood frame.

This time I would make the step as wide as the space between the Dometic and the galley (+/- an inch or two on each side). This will give us a larger platform to use when getting up on the bed. Lifted my dog up there last night. 55+ lbs, nope, not gonna do that very often. She did fall asleep in about two minutes on the mattress. Note to self...need to define "sides of the bed".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts