Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking seriously at this one because it is a 118" with side and rear windows:

http://www.mbboerne.com/used/Ram/2014-Ram-ProMaster+1500-9d6a1cc50a0e0adf52e539271670be77.htm

From just eyeballing it, it seems to have few of the options that I was hoping for. Of course I wanted:

Rear Defrosted Windows
Upfit Connectors + Switches
UConnect 5.0 + XM
Backup Camera and Sensor
Extra BatteryPrep
Leather Wheel
220 Amp Alternator
Rear Handles
Folding Heated mirrors
Cruise Control
Sliding Door Window
OEM Swivel Seats

I like the packages: Rear Heater Prep, Interior, Towing, Appearance, Smoker

This one looks like it has an aftermarket hitch (unknown class), and I know what my options are on the swivel.

What else can I add on without making the purchase economically unattractive?

For example, I really want the UConnect features. Can I obtain and have installed a 5" display with all UConnect electricals to include backup camera?

How about leather steering wheel +controls, cruise and 220 alternator with extra battery?

I know that the Interior Convenience Group is out and I'm guessing that adding on defrosted rear windows will be a near impossibility.

If there is any question left, the answer is yes, I want it to someday be like johnnybesurfing's rig:

Rear Suspension Change
Swap wheels + Tires to Vision wheels w/ Cooper 245/75/16
Build the floor and install flooring
Add driver-side rear windows
Build back storage area
Install ceiling with lights
Find, Modify and Add Removable Rear Seats
Thule Racks
iPhone and iPad Mount
Stereo and Speakers
Ladder & Spare Mount - Cover
Exterior Lights

Thoughts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow, Dude I'am honored, I think. If you do pull the trigger for that 118" (and it sounds like a very nice deal) pm me if you have any questions on what I have done to mine. I just put in a outdoor shower with a propane ecotemp instant hot water heater! Great for surfing or a hike in the out back.
Also the 118" is great for a every day driver, easy to move around and park! Cheers

·
Registered
142 Posts
To be quite honest, you really need to get all of the "must have" options from the factory.

If it doesn't have steering wheel controls and cruise you would be hard pressed to add them, same goes for rear camera and UConnect. You can always go after market, but why bother, just find a van with what you want.

You must get the seats you want from the factory or you will have a huge hassle finding seats and if you are trying to go from a two person passenger bench to a single seat, well, good luck with that.

I have all the options you listed except for the six way passenger seat, swivel seats, and rear defroster.

After a long wet and icey winter in WA, the rear defroster is not necessary, you have a great camera on the PM

The swivel seats might be nice, but they raise the seat height, which is already quite high.

Oh, and get a diesel, the engine and tranny are amazing, and the MPG is great!

·
Registered
184 Posts
To be quite honest, you really need to get all of the "must have" options from the factory.

If it doesn't have steering wheel controls and cruise you would be hard pressed to add them, same goes for rear camera and UConnect. You can always go after market, but why bother, just find a van with what you want.

You must get the seats you want from the factory or you will have a huge hassle finding seats and if you are trying to go from a two person passenger bench to a single seat, well, good luck with that.

I have all the options you listed except for the six way passenger seat, swivel seats, and rear defroster.

After a long wet and icey winter in WA, the rear defroster is not necessary, you have a great camera on the PM

The swivel seats might be nice, but they raise the seat height, which is already quite high.

Oh, and get a diesel, the engine and tranny are amazing, and the MPG is great!
Nurse Ben, I couldn't have said it any better!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,702 Posts
... After a long wet and icy winter in WA, the rear defroster is not necessary, you have a great camera on the PM.
I agree. You can't see that much out the back windows anyway, and most conversions end up with something in the way. On mine, it's pocket doors to the changing/porta potti area.

If the swivels are OEM, there won't be a height increase. That happens when you add swivels to factory non-swivel seat bases. I was surprised but it appears the van Derek is looking at has OEM swivels.... wish I had 'em!

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts