Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 and a half months I may tell Dodge to keep it. I ordered a PM back on 11/13, and was told 6 to 8 weeks. On 1/10 I got the VOTS email from Dodge saying how they would be starting my PM within the next two weeks, but then nothing else showed up. So on 1/27 I contacted the dealer to find out where it was and got a 3/27 delivery date. I wasn't happy, but at least I now had a date. Great! So now its the end of February and still nothing from that whole VOTS thing, so I emailed Dodge. The answer I got made my blood boil. They tell me that the PM I ordered on 11/13 was not ordered until 1/8 and could not have been ordered until then because they were not set up to take orders for the 118" wheelbase until then. Then went on to say that the PM's with this wheel base would not be built until April. WTF? I contacted the dealer and told him that the deal was off and I don't like being bull S#$tted , send my down payment back. He assures me that his Dodge rep says it will be here on 3/27. I told him thats fine, but if its not, I want my money back.
I then emailed Dodge back and told them that it would be real nice if there left hand knew what their right hand was doing. I also brought to their attention that I used the 'build your vehicle" feature on the PM web page back in October and the only thing that was not available was the diesel. And, If it said that the 118" wheel base would not be available until January I would have ordered the next size up. To me, selling anything that you are not even making yet is false advertising.
Anyway, the dealer is suppose to get back to me again on Monday. I'll know then if I will be driving a PM or not.:mad::mad:

·
Registered
887 Posts
I hate car salesmen. I'd have to go buy one off the lot at another dealer

FYI I got hosed by a Dodge dealer years ago. I ordered a truck. When it came in they wrecked it, before I got it. I made them order me another one. Then when the 2nd truck came in, they changed our negotiated price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like you need to find a new dealer.
I purchased a Promaster 2500 159" wheel base off the lot from Huffines Dodge in Plano, Texas. I am in the A/C business so we added a shelving package. It was shipped and installed within 2 weeks of purchase.
Greg Hanby in the fleet department was great, no run around.

They have several Promasters in stock and are great to work with.

Give Greg a call he will treat you right.

We are having the van wrapped, going to pick it up tomorrow.
I will post pictures soon

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
toaster2 ordered the 118 wb, there are none on the lots.
I would be disappointed also from what I am reading.

·
Registered
7 Posts
These guys are fairly knowledgable regarding Promasters,
maybe they will at least give him an honest answer on when they can get the van he is looking for.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
toaster2 ordered the 118 wb, there are none on the lots.
I would be disappointed also from what I am reading.
Disappointed is putting it mildly. There are no 118" wheel base PM's anywhere because according to Dodge they won't start building them until April. But according to the dealer, mine is suppose to me here on March 27th. I think I've entered ........the Twilight Zone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Disappointed is putting it mildly. There are no 118" wheel base PM's anywhere because according to Dodge they won't start building them until April. But according to the dealer, mine is suppose to me here on March 27th. I think I've entered ........the Twilight Zone.
Sorry to hear you guys are getting the run around. I hope you get an honest answer from your dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Its your dealer that had you on a leash,bad,bad,bad.business practice.
If it was me, I would walk and go to another dealer.
If they knew that there was no 118 WB until April and never told you,
they had intent,(just get him in the door at all cost).
I myself went to two dealers and it was night and day difference between
the two.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its your dealer that had you on a leash,bad,bad,bad.business practice.
If it was me, I would walk and go to another dealer.
If they knew that there was no 118 WB until April and never told you,
they had intent,(just get him in the door at all cost).
I myself went to two dealers and it was night and day difference between
the two.[/

A bad Dealer can ruin it for you, If they are not upfront on a delivery date I can't imagine how bad the service will be after they get your money.
I agree with sun Uncubed find a new dealer and blast the old dealer on dealer rater.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A bad Dealer can ruin it for you, If they are not upfront on a delivery date I can't imagine how bad the service will be after they get your money.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I've been thinking.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you go to the Ramtrucks.com configurator and build a 118" WB model, then press "view inventory," it claims there are some (not many) 118" WB models on dealer lots now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
When is the BS ever going to stop?

If you go to the Ramtrucks.com configurator and build a 118" WB model, then press "view inventory," it claims there are some (not many) 118" WB models on dealer lots now.
Yep, I just did what you said and found two 118" wheel base PMs. I did it a few days ago and couldn't find any. Now the van that Ram Customer assistance said won't start being made until April shows up as dealer stock. If their going to make them, then why not make the ones they have sold first?

I got off the phone with my salesman today and didn't know if I should laugh or cry. Mine, which had a delivery date of March 27th, which by the way, Customer assistance says they don't give delivery dates until the vehicle actually is ready to ship, is now on a ship. Yep thats right, on a ship. The district rep told the salesman that my frame and body are being shipped over from Europe and then will be assembled here. And of course the delivery date may be pushed into April. My gut feeling is that I think the salesman is getting thrown under the bus by the Dodge rep and their so called Customer assistance.

I think the Promaster will be a winner, it it fails it will fail because of Chrysler's crappy management / customer assistance.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think the Promaster will be a winner, it it fails it will fail because of Chrysler's crappy management / customer assistance.
This is my big concern buying a RAM. It seems that quality varies according to dealership, and Marchionne should of torn down and rebuilt the corporate communications if they can't answer simple questions.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wait a minute. Your dealer said they are building the frames & body in Europe? So that make that new $1+ billion assembly plant in Mexico a reassembly building, like the Sprinter reassembly plant in Ladson, SC.

What an idiot.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep, I just did what you said and found two 118" wheel base PMs. I did it a few days ago and couldn't find any. Now the van that Ram Customer assistance said won't start being made until April shows up as dealer stock. If their going to make them, then why not make the ones they have sold first?

I got off the phone with my salesman today and didn't know if I should laugh or cry. Mine, which had a delivery date of March 27th, which by the way, Customer assistance says they don't give delivery dates until the vehicle actually is ready to ship, is now on a ship. Yep thats right, on a ship. The district rep told the salesman that my frame and body are being shipped over from Europe and then will be assembled here. And of course the delivery date may be pushed into April. My gut feeling is that I think the salesman is getting thrown under the bus by the Dodge rep and their so called Customer assistance.

As we used to say when I was in the car biz (tech, not sales), if you go into the showroom, don't get any on you.

I drove a 118 low-roof about 2 weeks ago in Hyannis, MA at the local Dodge dealer.

As for the ship info, this is becoming very common practice, so it may be accurate. My 2010 VW Jetta TDI went from Germany (engine & trans) to Mexico (full assembly) to New Jersey (or maybe RI, can't recall) by ship.

-dan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts