Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the post I was preparing:

No that is okay my purchase is at least 24 months away. I will NOT buy a new American built vehicle, 1964-1/2 Mustang convertible and 1967 Chrysler New Yorker cured me of that. I buy used two years old. Then keep them 15-20 years. I do not care if it is a European design, American know how and changes will goof something up. They always do. And please do not take this as negative, there are so many things that need to be done that one or a few falling through a crack is not unusual. I will just let others live with that.

This will be my one and only vehicle I am content to wait. I like how wide the ProMaster is, I should be able to sleep 'thwartship'. I now drive a 1995 F150 I bought in 1997 after my 1981 Ford E150, which had 80k when I bought it in 1983, caught fire in an intersection at 285k and burned up. I wanted another E150 but there just were none at the 300 San Diego County dealers I visited. While every single one of them had a batch of 1995 F150's.

I have been following the USA Ford Transit since 2006. I have pictures from Ford.com on my machine labeled 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Ford Transit. It is from Transit that I discovered ProMaster. I have nothing against front wheel drive I have owned a few. In snow country front wheel drive is considered an asset.

I am looking at ProMaster, and Ford Transit, which supposedly are to come out in 'waves' beginning in June 2014 with pure parcel trucks leading the pack but their whole truck and wagon line up available by December 2014.

I had a 1981 Ford E150 that was my daily driver, my wife drove our 1981 VW diesel rabbit. I installed a queen size bed at the belt line all the way in the back. Made bug screens out of Velcro fasteners and shade cloth for the tail gate, sliding side door and both roll down front doors. We entered and left via the right front passenger door. Hadda cassette toilet and a couple of five gallon cans of water. A side door awning, a folding table accomdated a Coleman bottled gas camp cook stove, folding camp chairs.

I used 2 x 6's and 2 x 8's and a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood to build my sturdy bed and I have some pictures here I have found but know I have better one's just need to find them. The idea of the stout wood was to add some load and also to make it very strong. And easy to build, I used these things that have a wood screw thread on one end and a machine screw thread on the other end, using wing nuts. Easy to take apart and reassemble.

That is what I have in mind for either a two year old used ProMaster or Transit, again I like the ProMaster interior width compared to Transit.

I was C/E at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix. We tore down an original 1928 walk in freezer to use that space to create a candy shop. I rescued the 2 inch thick yellow fiberglass insulation batts and used it on my van. The hotel declared surplus some ancient thick cotton mattress ticking which I used to line the inside of my van. I used strips of paneling screwed to wall and ceiling whatchamacallit? Ribs?

There are a bunch of festivals in the USA that I want to attend but some everyone must bring their own home with them while others are in areas with hotels/motels but the room prices go out of sight for events while RV parking is still reasonable.

I am not sure what post this was for since while all the while I keyed it the screen said I was signed in but when I went to post it you had hung up?

That is what I have in mind for either a two year old used ProMaster or Transit, again I like the ProMaster interior width compared to Transit.

I was C/E at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix. We tore down an original 1928 walk in freezer to use that space to create a candy shop. I rescued the 2 inch thick yellow fiberglass insulation batts and used it on my van. The hotel declared surplus some ancient thick cotton mattress ticking which I used to line the inside of my van. I used strips of paneling screwed to wall and ceiling whatchamacallit? Ribs?

There are a bunch of festivals in the USA that I want to attend but some everyone must bring their own home with them while others are in areas with hotels/motels but the room prices go out of sight for events while RV parking is still reasonable.

I do not recall what this was in answer for since you hung up while I was preparing it.

This forum:

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com

Has 85k members and they NEVER hang up while preparing a post, I have 688 posts up since 2008.

Greg Hayden

1 - 1 of 1 Posts