Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I called the recall hotline listed in the NHTSA.gov VIN lookup for the recalls on my 2018 1500 Promaster v6 136 gas.

VB2 will be available in April and W00 will be available in June.

It was odd, when I called to ask the schedule, at first the technician (who was very professional and polite) said they didn't know. So I said it would really help to have that information and that I was considering calling the NHTSA hotline to complain about the lack of info and the delay. She immediately said she would research more.

So she put me on hold for about 5 minutes, then came back with the above information, and put me on a waiting list.

I suggest calling FCA and/or NHTSA to put some pressure. It can't hurt.

FCA Chrysler company recall hotline: 800-853-1403

Have your VIN (actually the last 8 digits for the phone) ready.

Online:
VIN search NHTSA | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner,please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.

Manufacturer Recall NumberVB2
NHTSA Recall Number19V-818
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete, remedy not yet available
SummaryA cooling fan stall / seizure event could lead to electrical overloading of the fan motor potentially resulting in the thermal degradation of the brush housing, which may lead to a vehicle fire.
Safety RiskA vehicle fire may increase the risk of injury to occupants and persons outside of the vehicle, as well as property damage.
RemedyReplace the engine cooling fan module.

Manufacturer Recall NumberW00
NHTSA Recall Number20V-036
SummaryThe transmission shifter cable could separate, disconnecting the transmission shifter from the transmission, which could result in the inability of the driver to shift the transmission potentially resulting in the gear shift lever position not matching the transmission gear.
Safety RiskIf the transmission shifter becomes disconnected from the transmission, the vehicle may not perform the shifts intended by the driver. Unintended vehicle movement may occur which can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning and/or injury to others.
RemedyFCA US will conduct a Voluntary Safety Recall to replace the transmission shift cable.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hey, thanks for doing that and giving us the heads up! I'm impressed that you even got through on the phone right now. Would you mind working your magic again by calling the airlines for me? ;)

BTW, both recall notices I received say FCA will contact me again when the parts are available. So I don't think I'll call just to be put on a waiting list, but it wouldn't hurt to apply some pressure. Also, with COVID now, I am in no hurry to leave our van at the dealership anytime soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey, thanks for doing that and giving us the heads up! I'm impressed that you even got through on the phone right now. Would you mind working your magic again by calling the airlines for me? ;)

BTW, both recall notices I received say FCA will contact me again when the parts are available. So I don't think I'll call just to be put on a waiting list, but it wouldn't hurt to apply some pressure. Also, with COVID now, I am in no hurry to leave our van at the dealership anytime soon.
Ha, sure. I recommend booking with subsidized european or asian airlines, they have better cancellation and reschedule policies :)

I'm sure they'll notify if you're registered and that's fine. I've had a few bad experiences with recall service of other brands in the past so I like to let them know we're watching. Either that or I've just gotten myself on the problem list! Plus I have little time on my hands right now unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
8,338 Posts
Please stop posting non Promaster related images! This isn’t the Mnt Bike forum it’s the Promaster Forum. If you want to share your mountain bike photos please host them somewhere else and provide a link so those that are interested may view them.

Thank you for your cooperation and please don’t be angry.

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please stop posting non Promaster related images! This isn’t the Mnt Bike forum it’s the Promaster Forum. If you want to share your mountain bike photos please host them somewhere else and provide a link so those that are interested may view them.

Thank you for your cooperation and please don’t be angry.
Whoa Sorry! My Bad! This place is a kinda strict, I get it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
angrymountainbiker, thank you for the info. You got a lot further with FCA Recall conversation today than I did.

Called 800-853-1403 and was told no info on fix available. I did file a complaint with NHTSA.

Hope it helps!

I called the recall hotline listed in the NHTSA.gov VIN lookup for the recalls on my 2018 1500 Promaster v6 136 gas.

VB2 will be available in April and W00 will be available in June.

It was odd, when I called to ask the schedule, at first the technician (who was very professional and polite) said they didn't know. So I said it would really help to have that information and that I was considering calling the NHTSA hotline to complain about the lack of info and the delay. She immediately said she would research more.

So she put me on hold for about 5 minutes, then came back with the above information, and put me on a waiting list.

I suggest calling FCA and/or NHTSA to put some pressure. It can't hurt.

FCA Chrysler company recall hotline: 800-853-1403

Have your VIN (actually the last 8 digits for the phone) ready.

Online:
VIN search NHTSA | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner,please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.

Manufacturer Recall NumberVB2
NHTSA Recall Number19V-818
SummaryA cooling fan stall / seizure event could lead to electrical overloading of the fan motor potentially resulting in the thermal degradation of the brush housing, which may lead to a vehicle fire.
Safety RiskA vehicle fire may increase the risk of injury to occupants and persons outside of the vehicle, as well as property damage.
RemedyReplace the engine cooling fan module.

Manufacturer Recall NumberW00
NHTSA Recall Number20V-036
SummaryThe transmission shifter cable could separate, disconnecting the transmission shifter from the transmission, which could result in the inability of the driver to shift the transmission potentially resulting in the gear shift lever position not matching the transmission gear.
Safety RiskIf the transmission shifter becomes disconnected from the transmission, the vehicle may not perform the shifts intended by the driver. Unintended vehicle movement may occur which can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning and/or injury to others.
RemedyFCA US will conduct a Voluntary Safety Recall to replace the transmission shift cable.

·
Registered
2018 3500 Ext
122 Posts
So, no fix yet and they are still not selling new 2019 leftovers because of it, right? That's what they told me today.... forced no sell/hold or something like that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Was told by my local service guy, when picking up my twice replaced head repair despair, that i am on the list behind all vans on dealer lots. That’s lots. After 4 months on the lift and no recall end in sight I am pushing for a warranty extension. I know, jokes.

·
Registered
2018 3500 Ext
122 Posts
But hasn't it only been a compliant from the Postal Service fleet buy? Has anyone else reported a problem? Is that perhaps what they're waiting for? To see if anyone else steps out to report a similar problem with their van/s.... year, etc. How does ones' domicile affect any warranty? If out of country etc?

·
Registered
212 Posts
The factory bushing on my 14 PM is still snug as new. No cooling fan issues yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It was just visible on my 14 model. You can then reach in to physically manipulate it to check for looseness.

I just a got a notice today from FCA that I can call a dealer and set up the warranty repair on mine. I have a spare aftermarket bushing in my glove box. Not much worried about mine. Got a new grand daughter on the way tonight. Then medical appointments to worry about. My cable can wait.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It was just visible on my 14 model. You can then reach in to physically manipulate it to check for looseness.

I just a got a notice today from FCA that I can call a dealer and set up the warranty repair on mine. I have a spare aftermarket bushing in my glove box. Not much worried about mine. Got a new grand daughter on the way tonight. Then medical appointments to worry about. My cable can wait.
Thanks, you give faster service than FCA, your new grand daughter will be very nice she comes from the same tree.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just got my FCA (W00) Recall letter in the mail today. I am glad they sent it to me since I just got my PM in January and I was not sure if it was affected? Now I know..
Keeping my fingers crossed for a less than painful remedy.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Got another letter from FCA today saying the shift cable fix is now available and to go ahead and schedule the service at my local dealer. First two oil changes are free so I'll coordinate the fix with my 2nd oil change soon.

Since I've been busy power-washing the house I haven't gotten around to looking at the squeaky rear bushings yet; maybe I'll just have them look at that too.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
390 Posts
I also received the letter today to schedule shifter cable bushing recall re: W00/NHTSA 20V-036

·
Registered
107 Posts
I to just again received the 2nd recall letter and called my dealer and told parts should be available in 2-3 weeks and then call for an appointment. No word on the fan recall parts.

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN

1 - 20 of 39 Posts