Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2500 4 days ago and never actually tested the door locking. If I am outside the van and hit the lock on the fob I hear a click in the front door lock area but the doors don't actually lock. If I pull the handle the door pops open.. The alarm sounds when the door opens but it is not physically locked.

Am I missing something obvious or is something wrong?

·
Registered
55 Posts
make sure you understand the fob, top button unlocks front doors, center locks all, bottom unlocks rear and side.

·
Registered
337 Posts
If the turn signal lights flash that means one of the doors is not closed completely. Happened to me the first couple of days until I learned to really slam the sliding door

·
Super Moderator
8,367 Posts
I discovered my mod about adding a switch to control the rear view camera at will also will prevent the doors from locking if it is left in the on position even with the key out of the ignition! Must have something to do with grounding. I'm sure you haven't done the BU camera mod as you just got the van but it seems a bad ground wire somewhere could also cause this.

Also, the sliding door must be closed completely and if it's not adjusted correctly it will stay open just enough to prevent all the doors from locking. It can be difficult to tell if it's closed tight enough just by giving it a quick look. Try reopening and slamming the side door shut with one hand on the back of the door at the same time and see if that helps. If not see the dealer!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I discovered my mod about adding a switch to control the rear view camera at will also will prevent the doors from locking if it is left in the on position even with the key out of the ignition! Must have something to do with grounding. I'm sure you haven't done the BU camera mod as you just got the van but it seems a bad ground wire somewhere could also cause this.

Also, the sliding door must be closed completely and if it's not adjusted correctly it will stay open just enough to prevent all the doors from locking. It can be difficult to tell if it's closed tight enough just by giving it a quick look. Try reopening and slamming the side door shut with one hand on the back of the door at the same time and see if that helps. If not see the dealer!
And if you don't shut the slider all the way and it rains, you will have a nice swimming pool in the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts