Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai is working on its very own full-size commercial van, and here we have a first look at a prototype. The outside of this prototype is in heavy camo. It's pretty hard to actually determine anything about the van as far as the exterior is concerned.

Where we do get some good info is when we take a peek at the interior of the van. The interior looks really good. The infotainment screen looks to be designed in a functional and good looking way. If the outside of the van matches the inside than I'm sure that Hyundai could have a winner here.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Looks RWD from other pictures. I like the overall proportions of rear overhand versus wheelbase of the cargo van pictured in OP. Seems like a nice compromise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Screen looks big enough to see. Really like that, would be nice if the PM had the option to get the 8 that is available elsewhere.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ain't happenin' for the N/A market guys. I do not think Hyundai has any diesel engines EPA approved for this market. The van looks rear wheel drive by the slight hump under the rear axle. Hyundai also needs to set up "shop" to sell commercial vehicles here which isn't in the pipeline.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ain't happenin' for the N/A market guys. I do not think Hyundai has any diesel engines EPA approved for this market.
Hyundai could eventually outsource an EPA-approved Diesel. BTW the Brazilian version of the Hyundai HD78 truck (which had been available in the American market as a Bering) is fitted with the same 3.0L turbodiesel engine fitted in the ProMaster and the Mitsubishi Fuso Canter. Anyway, if Hyundai offered the current H1/Starex van in the American market it would be a good move. On a sidenote, Hyundai vans have been previously offered by Dodge in Mexico...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts