Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read about the introduction by Hymer of an Aktiv 2.0 model (longer version) with a pop-up roof for added sleeping (intro at RVIA).

The idea of a pop-up roof on top of a high-roof has been discussed before. This Hymer may offer some build ideas for those looking for lots of space.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
This is a great option if you want to sleep more than 2 comfortably. too bad they are only planning on a 159 extended body for this. I'd love to see a 136 with a poptop (they sell it as the Ayers Rock in Europe).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are families buying 120k B vans? Would imagine 99% of people traveling with kids would buy a class C for a fraction of the cost. And IMO a pop top takes away some benefit of a modern tall roof van in general. I dont want the roof all cut up and the issues that may arise with a pop up.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Are families buying 120k B vans?
In Europe, yes. They have various dimension and weight restrictions there. And a few in NA buy these things too. There have been some pop-top retrofits on the forum. This is a low volume high margin business. It doesn't take too many units for return on investment.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
In europe, the same 120k vans sell for 50-60k.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In europe, the same 120k vans sell for 50-60k.

I wonder if they are really the same. In Europe they often don't have generators, air conditioners, etc. Interior equipment looks a little simpler too -- size of stove, refrigerator, lack of microwave, and so on.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is a great option if you want to sleep more than 2 comfortably. too bad they are only planning on a 159 extended body for this. I'd love to see a 136 with a poptop (they sell it as the Ayers Rock in Europe).

The posted picture doesn't look like extended van to me. From what I've researched, the 6-meter length is most popular in Europe. Here in US larger is better "on average".

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/11/hymer-shows-new-aktiv-2-0-loft-edition-at-rvia/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts