Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer today looking for a part for the upfitters block when I saw what appeared to be a late model PM. The mirrors were twice the size of mine. The actually looked a bit clownish from a distance but I am sure they worked pretty well.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Sounds like the 'wide' mirror option. Only reason I'd see going for those is if you were regularly towing a trailer that's wider than the PM itself.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the 'wide' mirror option. Only reason I'd see going for those is if you were regularly towing a trailer that's wider than the PM itself.
I have had my PM for a year and that wasn't available then, not that I would have ordered it anyway.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would question how good the visibility would be for tall people. The window post and limited adjustability of the power mirror already limits visibility for me at 6' 3". I have the seat adjusted all the way back and all the way up. Moving the mirror out to a wider position would put the window post even more in the way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Promaster 2500 chasis cab came stock with the extended mirrors. I purchased promaster with utility bed installed. No need for extended mirrors, they just get in the way, I call them my "Dumbo mirrors".

They would be usefull for a box truck or RV body.

I Have replaced passenger mirror already and I will be ordering smaller mirror for driver side as well. I will be selling Dumbo mirrors on eBay...

·
Registered
119 Posts
The PM standard mirrors are as good as any I have ever used. I am reminded how good they are when I move the neighbors E-250 or I drive my older Dodge conversion van. I would not mind if mine were heated/power types. I would have paid for that had I ordered from the factory, but size and visibility are excellent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dumbo Ears

I have the big mirrors and dislike them. I didn't know what I was getting into when I ordered that option. They are too wide during parking and I have to fold in the driver side every time I park on the street and both in parking lots. Is changing them out to a smaller size pretty easy?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had a close call turning on to a highway recently because of the "B pillar" blocking my view. (I am 6' 4") I think I will return to my Unimog driving work-around by turning parallel to traffic and using my mirror while merging instead of a standard right turn, when I can do that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes they are easy to change out...

But, I ordered my new driver mirror from UK and it did not come with "Ambient air sensor". So now I dont have outside temp on dashboard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have the electric fold in option on their mirrors? If anyone does, can you tell me where the switch/control it to retract the mirrors and then extend them back. I have the big mirrors on a Winnebago Itasca Viva and it says I have the retractable mirrors buy I can't verity it because I can't find any controls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts