Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

How will you guys be using your Promaster? If you haven't already seen Jon & kate Plus 8 they actually used the same type of van to transport their kids from place to place. So is it a good transport type van for the family or is it a good vehicle for transporting supplies and delivery?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think Ram has a passenger version of the ProMaster, for now it seems like they are all cargo vans.

I believe what we're seeing above is the Dodge/Mercedes sprinter which comes as a passenger or cargo van.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well the Dodge sprinter came with a few versions and one of them being a passenger van. The Mercedes sprinter was the same but just in Europe. I don't see a Ram Promaster right now from Dodge but a passenger model should be offered as well. airlines and dealerships use them for customer shuttles. And big families could make use of all the seats too.

Just have a look at this.

How is that unsafe?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not sure why some families opt in using a huge commercial cargo van to travel with their families. For me every time this van moves and stops I'm thinking dollar signs. Wouldn't a fair sized family van so the trick?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well for a family of more than 5 you would have to look for more cabin space. And when it comes down to kids we do need space not only for them but the supplies like diapers and other things so for the Gosslins it made sense in that respect. But I can't imagine how much their gas bill was every month. I don't think the Dodge Promaster will be coming in passenger type form though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used to work delivery for a local courier company. I am thinking of opening my own courier service company and buying a van is my first step.

I guess you can buy a Promaster for a large family, but I would look at minivans instead like an Odyssey. I don't think commercial vans would be very comfortable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Aside from the height of the cabin space for the family I can't see the Dodge Promaster being beneficial over an actual family van. Maybe If you have the money just buy two family vans. The Honda Odessey is the king of all family vans if you have the money.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I own a 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 at the moment and i use it to move and carry mail and parcels. My sprinter has gone through rough times even for a 2006 it has gone through a beating before I even got it. The Dodge Promaster will be the replacement and also my first brand new vehicle ever. i think it would be silly to use a commercial box van to transport your family. Do you have any idea how uncomfortable it is in the rear. Regardless of seats the suspension is not built for comfort especially in the rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Firstdayairservices
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing