Ram Promaster Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Our 4 gal isotemp is also performing well. It is installed in the center of the floor over the spare tire. A detailed write-up with pics is here:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Clean install ! We love ours....highlight of the build for sure.

I think I saw it....but you did vent the drain/over pressure release outside of the van?

The pipe insulation you used....it looks like it might be open cell foam which is known for water absorption....I can't tell from the video though.

Tell me more about the backflow preventer and what lead you to use one? I haven't really paid attention to see if I'm losing hot water there.

How much fresh water does your build have??

·
Registered
242 Posts
@Wankel7 Yes, the hot water tank drain has a short piece of pex, run through the van floor.

The foam is closed cell, so it should not pickup much water. The foam is as much for small rock and debris protection as it is insulation.

I had read reports of the hot and cold water mixing when the shower handles were both on, but the switch on the handheld shower head was off. This can lead to a burst of hot or cold when the shower wand it turned back on. The backflow preventer was inexpensive, so I opted to put one in.

I have a 46 gallon fresh tank, though I think it is more like 40 or 42 usable. My grey tank is 33 gal and my black is 18.5 gal.

Hope that helps....

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I think I saw it....but you did vent the drain/over pressure release outside of the van?
Daylight (unrestricted) venting outside is a must with these things. The over-pressure valve on ours drips constantly when the tank is hot. Not a lot of water, just enough to leave a noticeable wet spot on pavement when parked.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts