Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my wife and I were on a Canadian road trip and we purchased a Canadian Parks Pass. After purchasing it, I promptly tossed it on the dash to be visible. It then fell between the dash and the window and is now in the abis that is below the vin window.

How in the world do I retrieve that pass?

Any help?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I thought I had lost 10 $100 bills on a paper clip about 3 years ago. Had my windshield replaced last year and the installer found it. Merry Christmas!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I had the windshield changed a few weeks back - looking at cowling with window out there is a 1-inch plus 'air gap' between firewall metal and interior dash structure that could eat ten thousand parks passes and hundreds of money clips... thanks for the warning, I'll be out surveying for gaps tomorrow!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I successfully retrieved my National Parks pass from this abyss without removing the windshield. You have to remove a couple panels below the steering wheel, then reach way up into that abyss. You'll definitely need thin arms and small hands for it to work.

See my crudely circled drawing for reference about these directions:

First, remove the panel circled in yellow.
Second, remove the small blue panel.
Third, remove the entire large red panel.
Fourth, remove the small plastic cubby circled in white.
Fifth, you'll be reaching your hand in the direction of the white arrow. I had to pop a plastic rivet holding a wire loom to get it out of the way. Then, you have a straight shot up to that abyss, at about the length of a forearm.

262D4AEC-43C3-4272-9A30-160CDFCE6061.jpeg

It was a super tight fit for my arm! Felt like it would get stuck. But I got the NP pass back! This was just a month ago...just in time for all the NP's to close lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I successfully retrieved my National Parks pass from this abyss without removing the windshield. You have to remove a couple panels below the steering wheel, then reach way up into that abyss. You'll definitely need thin arms and small hands for it to work.

It was a super tight fit for my arm! Felt like it would get stuck. But I got the NP pass back! This was just a month ago...just in time for all the NP's to close lol.
Thank you so much!!!! Will give this a go!

·
Registered
8 Posts
good info... any way a stick with some sticky stuff on the end would replace the need for a long skinny arm?
Sure, I think that method would be worth a try at least. It's a fairly straight shot. I think one of those little grabber arms could suffice too. Like the kind you'd use in a garage to grab tiny bolts or even a trash picker-upper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts