Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping a friend convert a PMC Wagon. Has anyone removed the back airbags and if so any advice? It's hard to find resources for this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am helping a friend convert a PMC Wagon. Has anyone removed the back airbags and if so any advice? It's hard to find resources for this.
Did you have any luck with finding resources to help? I'm currently doing the same thing and definitely could use some reassurance. I've only found this video but haven't taken the panels in the back to see if this looks accurate/the same for the PMC:

Found out to order Airbag Simulators for after the install to override the computer's Airbag light: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Air...ge-SRS-Fault-Vinden-Diagnostic-Tool/813457502

·
Registered
201 Posts
Did you have any luck with finding resources to help? I'm currently doing the same thing and definitely could use some reassurance. I've only found this video but haven't taken the panels in the back to see if this looks accurate/the same for the PMC:

Found out to order Airbag Simulators for after the install to override the computer's Airbag light: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Air...ge-SRS-Fault-Vinden-Diagnostic-Tool/813457502
Have you used them? The write-up says "for testing". Does it fool the system that all the dealerships have said will have a warning light forever and may negate the system from working. I took my back seats out several years ago, but haven't found a solution for this. I'm def interested in hearing from anyone who has successfully changed a wagon to a cargo and made it work. I'd love to re-do the cabinets to take-up the space these useless appendages are in. I'm almost sure I know how remove them, but ain't sure about the system set-up, with info on this buggy so hard to get.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi so i tried taking them off and I'm pretty sure the front and rear bags are one piece. so you'd need to get bags from the cargo version which don't have the rear passenger extension.

I gave up trying to take them out and just removed that big metal bracket and secured the last eyelet to a hole slightly above it

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi so i tried taking them off and I'm pretty sure the front and rear bags are one piece. so you'd need to get bags from the cargo version which don't have the rear passenger extension.

I gave up trying to take them out and just removed that big metal bracket and secured the last eyelet to a hole slightly above it
But I'm working on the ones BEHIND the sliding doors, not on the B post, which is where, I believe, you're talking, and I agree. I have a passenger wagon where I took the rear seats out and sold them...they ain't going backso I don't need those bags but I'm gonna have to work around the 'B' post ones for the headliner console I wanna install over my seats for speakers and a bar (prolly wood) to hold up any full-length lumber I may have to load.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts