Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in removing the plastic panels that are in the cargo area of my PM so that I can add some thermal/audio insulation. There is quite a bit of information about thermal/audio insulation over in the Sprinter forums but I don't think Sprinters come with panels already installed. Like this:

[/url]
[/IMG]

There are plastic buttons (about 3/4 inch wide) that hold the panels to the metal wall. I'd like to know how to remove these. If it requires destroying them, is there a source for new ones?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Grab A hold of the panel around the button and give it a quick pull.
They should not break because it is new.

You can get generic ones at an automotive supply store etc "Napa"
but you need one with you to match up.

They usually are on on spinning rack in the store.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Harbor freight sells a fairly complete panel removing kit for about $5. Really just some plastic pry-bars. Save your fingers some grief. Me, I just yank the panels off like uncubed said.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
I received my tool and it works pretty good:

But regardless of tool used, I don't think the rivets will survive:

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Those plastic rivets are cheap at the parts store. I'd replace if it was me
You wouldn't believe how these rivets are hard to find in Canada (or at least in Montreal). I did suspect that these rivets would break, so I ordered some from e-bay
. Wish I would have been smart enough to order the right size :mad: (6 mm hole, instead of the 8 mm hole I ordered).

·
Registered
130 Posts
You wouldn't believe how these rivets are hard to find in Canada (or at least in Montreal). I did suspect that these rivets would break, so I ordered some from e-bay
. Wish I would have been smart enough to order the right size :mad: (6 mm hole, instead of the 8 mm hole I ordered).
the hole is 8mm, did that not work?

·
Premium Member
8,599 Posts
Here are 50- 5/16 clip in grey for $10 with shipping- A11146 I have no idea if they will work but 5/16 is real close to 8mm.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Trim-Panel-Retainers-Version-A11146/dp/B0040CRVII/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1441225425&sr=1-2&keywords=5%2F16+panel+retainer[/ame]

·
Registered
184 Posts
I received my tool and it works pretty good:

But regardless of tool used, I don't think the rivets will survive:

This is the Bomb tool!! I pulled all my christmas tree fasters off with this tool that i got from Harbor Freight. Painted the panels and reinserted the same fasteners! Worked great. They were under $10.00.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts