Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bumped and cracked my drivers side mirror. .
i noticed that the blinker housing popped on on the foward side..
Any suggestions on what i can do to pop it back in...
1 side is in and the foward side is out.
thanks for any suggestions. I tried to push it in with my thumbs and its stubborn.
Wont go back in with my medium pressure of my thumbs.
thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Heat from a hair dryer might help, but don't melt it. Another idea: a small thin screwdriver next to one tab and a little prying to push the parts apart to get one tab started, not all the way in. Then do similar adjacent to the other tab to get it started in. Then push on both.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that maybe a small bit of some sort of grease to mash in the contract area to help it slide into place??
Thanks for the reply. .
tomorrow, ill try the heat and thin screwdriver flatblade. Maybe some grease too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
How are you supposed to change the bulb? I suspect the procedure involves removing and replacing that cover. Following that procedure (but without changing the bulb!) will likely fix this!

I believe the owner's manual has a chapter on how to replace various bulbs.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are you supposed to change the bulb? I suspect the procedure involves removing and replacing that cover. Following that procedure (but without changing the bulb!) will likely fix this!

I believe the owner's manual has a chapter on how to replace various bulbs.
No info in the book on how to change the mirror lights.
plenty of info on how to change the other lights,though...
anyways. . Hairdryer.... 2 thin flat screwdrivers and a dab of grease on the contact points..
and it popped back in..
thanks to all who replied with ideas.
success! !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts