Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally sent a self tapping screw out the side of my van last night. I was pretty upset at first but now its time to move on and fix the problem. Any recommendations? Its a very small hole so bondo seems a little overkill but also seems more permanent than a dab of sealant.

·
Super Moderator
10,478 Posts
Unfortunately you really need a small dimple to fill it with Bondo and the paint should be candied down. I would suggest getting a stainless screw or bolt the correct size and grind the head down pretty smith and hit it with a little gutcha up paint. A little zdicor or similar sealant the same color behind the head should seal it (of course can can only do this with a bolt and nut from behind. Don't use silicon on it no matter what.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Bumper repair guys can fix that no problem. They can blend the paint very well if it's not a smal panel, and f it's as always panel they will just paint that section. most people would never even know there was paint work done. They do it in your driveway and are pretty cheap. If you can't find who to use just go to the biggest car dealer in town and ask them who they use to fix bumpers on their trade in cars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumper repair guys can fix that no problem. They can blend the paint very well if it's not a smal panel, and f it's as always panel they will just paint that section. most people would never even know there was paint work done. They do it in your driveway and are pretty cheap. If you can't find who to use just go to the biggest car dealer in town and ask them who they use to fix bumpers on their trade in cars.
Thanks I will give that a shot

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is it a good place to mount anything to use the hole and cover it up? Like an outside LED light? Or something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts