Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been scouring the internet for a 2017 High Roof 2500 159WB.

I am beginning to wonder if there are any vans out there with Cruise Control as all the ones I find don't list that as an option.

Not a huge deal as it looks pretty straightforward to add CC after the fact.

It does bring up the question: How can I tell what options are actually on a van.

Vehiclehistory.com seems to have the standard options listed no matter what VIN number is entered.

Carsforsale.com and even dealer sites do not make it obvious what is and isn't included.

Is the some way to find out what options are actually on a particular van? Maybe a site that allows a view of the original window sticker based on VIN.

It seems like photos may be the most reliable way to identify options.

Also, is there a list of standard equipment vs options? eg, is Traction and Stability Control standard?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
When I was shopping for my van I did my initial search via autotrader.com. You can plug in year, make, model, new / used etc you can also limit the search radius from your zip code. Once that search is refined it brings up all the vehicles that meet your basic criteria sorted by dealerships.
From there I looked over the results that looked interesting to me noting the dealership. I would then do a Google search for that dealership and go to their website (usually much more info was available there). Once on their website I would search for new ProMaster Vans when that list came up I would review each entry. Most dealers listings have a tab the will list the options on that particular vehicle. But I found that it was a mixed bag as far as how complete the list is. A far better way to find out what you want to know is to look at the window sticker. I found during my search that most all dealers had a tab in the listing where you could look at the window sticker. From the window sticker you can also get the VIN. If you find a van that mets your requirements I would recommend at the minimum writing down the VIN or even better printing out the window sticker. I physically went and looked a couple different dealerships. I had one that tried to pawn off a van that did't meet my requirements. Telling me that it was the one I looked at on the website. They clammed up when I pulled out the VIN and window sticker and compared it to the van. It turns out that the one I was looking had sold a week before. Good Luck on your search stick with it and I am sure you will find what you want.

·
Registered
756 Posts
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

The above link is Fiat-Chrysler's in-house window sticker internet display service, add a VIN to the address bar link displayed after click-through and see if it's still active...

The links do go inactive after some period of time elapses, and some never do appear (fleet sales?) but it has worked for me for a year or so...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts