Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why you need too I don't know, but it's nice to know if you need it. Open the slider look on the C pillar for the black oval, there is a button there if you push that in and hold, then push the door lock on the remote you can now open and close the slider with the other doors still locked. To lock the slider close and press the lock button on the remote.

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,005 Posts
Interesting. Where did you find this info? It makes me wonder what other "chicken dances" are out there for remote operations.

·
Premium Member
2018 159 High Roof gas, BC, Canada
1,404 Posts
Why you need too I don't know, but it's nice to know if you need it. Open the slider look on the C pillar for the black oval, there is a button there if you push that in and hold, then push the door lock on the remote you can now open and close the slider with the other doors still locked. To lock the slider close and press the lock button on the remote.
Interesting, but I'm wondering what the use case for this scenario is.

Maybe if I'm a tradesman working on the slider side of the van and I want to lock the other doors in case a crook sneaks into the van via an unlocked door that I can't see? I guess that could be useful.

Might even be useful if I'm camping at a sketchy site and want to know that only I can enter the van if I'm relaxing by the open slider.

Maybe it's because I've never had a daily driver the size of a PM. With a car or even an SUV, I am assuming I can see a stranger approach, even from the other side of the vehicle. With something so large as a PM, maybe I can't.

I will file this away for when my PM arrives; thanks KilWerBzz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts