Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been lining the walls of the van with plywood and I noticed something. The passenger side has two tie downs, the rear driver side has two, but the panel just behind the driver seat only has one ( if you're facing it it's on the right side just next to the seat belt).

Seems odd to me. Or did I get one made on a Friday?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,803 Posts
Doesn't seem weird to me. I have the same ones. Three relatively evenly spaced on driver side. Two on passenger side because it would be awkward to put one forward of the slider.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't seem weird to me. I have the same ones. Three relatively evenly spaced on driver side. Two on passenger side because it would be awkward to put one forward of the slider.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Would have like another one in the panel behind driver seat.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My 2015 has one directly behind each seat mounted on the 5 inch vertical step down from the cab to the cargo area.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I just went out into the 0°F night and checked...

Ten tie down D-rings installed, six on the floor and four on the horizontal beams below the windows, with one threaded lug left unused immediately behind the drivers seat for a total of 13 possible tie points; I removed a pair of D-rings & covered the lugs up nearest the side door when the floor went in to delete that as a trip/stumble hazard. I don't remember buying extra D-rings but I sure might have.

The wall tie points have gotten used 10 times more than the floor points, snubbing items upright to keep them from tipping or sliding.

Apologies to proeddie for stealing his picture & fingerpainting all over it : )

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts