Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 116,000 miles on my 2014 van. Is there anyone with more miles? if so, have you had any transmission issues or DEF issues. I have had transmission issues at 58k miles and now again at 116k (58 again). I have not had any DEF issues yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 14 is a gasser. It will soon turn 9k miles. Doubt that you'll need my input.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
We've got 35,000 km (22K miles) on our 2015 diesel, with no problems at all. Just hope it stays that way.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
2015, 19,300 miles, no problems at all.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a whopping 5,300 on my 2015 :)

The advantages of working from home!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have 94,000 miles on mine and no engine or transmission issues. I expect to drive about 150,000 miles per year and hope to use it for 4 years. Typically loaded with 500-2000 lb and sometimes >3000 lb.

·
Registered
257 Posts
12,000 miles and Emissions sensors that will not reset. There is another thread. It's a big bummer and keeping my van from being registered for months. I really love the van though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yesterday makes 5 weeks my van has been at the shop. They have replaced the broken gears and put the van back together; but it is still throwing codes and jumping out of gear. The star team from Ram has given up on finding a solution, so Ram has contacted a tech team from Italy to help. I have no confidence in this van to earn me a living. 5 weeks without my work van has killed my business.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Well, crap... that sucks.

Our van rolled over 20k a week ago just as I drove into Yellowstone. Will be at 21k this weekend, after 13 months of ownership. No problems with DEF or the transmission.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5 WEEKS BROKEN
one year ago today the van was brand new and we went to Cleveland OH. Today the van has been at the shop for 5 weeks now. The transmission has broken for the 2nd time. The shop has put the van back together, but it is still throwing codes and jumping out of gear. I have lost all confidence in this van on being able to earn a living with it.
5 WEEKS BROKEN STILL
the transmission broke at 59,000 miles back in December and was patched up to satisfy warranty requirements. Then it broke again at 116,000 miles (another 59k). this time gears were broken and all; the shop has put the van back together but it is still throwing codes and jumping out of gear. The tech team from Ram USA has given up on finding a solution. I was informed Thursday that a tech team from Italy is going to offer their help and insight. I have zero confidence in a real solution that can be found so that this van will be trouble free to earn a living.
5 WEEKS BROKEN and now I am BROKE TOO

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On Friday 29 July the dealer believed the van was repaired. After much pleading with FCA they covered the work. Initially they offered to only pay for parts and wanted me to pay for labor. A quick rundown of what was done: my transmission was rebuilt including a new reverse gear and new synchronisers. The trans was now working but still jumping out of gear. The dealer blamed the computor and replaced that unit. I drove it Saturday about 1300 miles. The transmission was going into fault ( more like the clutch was pushed in ) than jumping out of gear. This fault is not requiring a restart as before; just shift to neutral and back into gear. This is happening when i am decelerating for traffic or an exit. I can duplicate this fault by leaving van in D with parking brake applied; after a few moments the D flashes, a alarm chimes with a message that says shift to neutral. This is the same thing that happens at speed ( 6 times on my trip ). The van is back at the dealer. No word from FCA or dealer as of yet.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The message to shift into N after sitting in gear for a few minutes is normal to protect the clutch, the rest is not of course! I am glad they covered the repair out of the warrantee limit but I feel for you for the loss of the van. No one else has reported this or a similar issue. One poster had his transmission worked on in the first 1000 miles or so and it was fixed.
It sounds like yours is close to being good but something is triggering the computer to engage the clutch. It could be many things. Swaptronics may be the only answer!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
after 10 months fca replaced the transmission. I got the van back on 02 March. Work has been slow and I have not driven it but 350 or so miles. Time will tell if this repair helps.

·
Registered
129 Posts
In the 3 weeks if that I've actually had my van im up to 8k miles... it's been at the dealer for 47 days total for the throttle control light now they are just throwing parts at it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all the dealers i took my van to did nothing. They could not find what was wrong. 1 dealer tried that throw parts at it, fca did not cover the cost and it cost me $1847 for a shifter that solved nothing. I got mine back last week, i have driven about 2000 miles since the trans was replaced. So far no issues.

·
Registered
199 Posts
2015 diesel, 10,500 miles. No problems. Around 2000 miles cel code for slow spooking turbo came on. Cleared it, no problems since.

·
Registered
538 Posts
At least I don't "quite" have the lowest mileage Promaster. ;-)

My 14 gasser is just getting ready to turn 15k miles. Time for the third oil change! (I do mine every 5k.) Real easy to remember that way. No issues since shortly after I got it. Those got fixed well under warranty.

At this rate of using it up, I hope its the last truck I'll need.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am about to turn 40k on my '14 diesel. A few issues inside of 3k that had to do with software updates. other than that i am loving my power and mileage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts